» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_lcap0%"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_lcap33%"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_lcap0%"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_lcap33%"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Empty

"Attachment" and "Letting Go"

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Empty "Attachment" and "Letting Go"

Post by kazoo Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:30 pm

I wanted to address these topics because there seems to be some confusion surrounding them.

"Attachment" is NOT the same as wanting your desire. You can absolutely desire something and not be attached to it.

"Letting Go" is NOT the same as forgetting about your desire. You obviously don't have to forget about your desire or stop wanting it to get it.

If anyone says you don't have to detach, (assuming you are attached) you just have to believe they don't really understand what is meant by attachment or "letting go" because from my understanding of these concepts it's the attachment that keeps them from believing in the first place.

Likewise, if someone says you don't have to "let go" you just have to focus on what you want, well someone who is attached is going to be a lot more likely to focus on what they DON'T want and get that as a result.

That's why these concepts are emphasized, because they actually do play a part in understanding how we get what we get.

I do have more thoughts on the topics, but I think that's enough to get a discussion going. I know some people may disagree with me, and I welcome a discussion. Smiley.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

"Attachment" and "Letting Go" Empty Re: "Attachment" and "Letting Go"

Post by President Roosevelt Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Then what is attachment?
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:32 pm

To me attachment is what leads to all of the negative crap- the doubts, the fears, the worries etc.

kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:28 pm

When people take these words literally though they are going to immediately think it means a) you need to detach from your desire and b) you need to let go of your desire. When I first joined PLOA forum that's what I believed from what people were telling me. It took me a few months but I eventually realised from my experiences that the things I wanted most came to me when I was most attached and clingy (for want of a better word...) to them but the dominant thoughts were ones of excitement, joy, happiness etc. where as when I joined PLOA forum, my dominant thoughts about what brought me there were the complete opposite by that point. If being attached or clingy means you don't get your desire then how come I got mine by being just that? The key is your dominant thoughts and feelings about that desire.

You can be 100% attached to your desire and still get it. Likewise, you can "hold on" to your desire 100% and still get it. I have done it more than once in very different situations and got what I wanted each time. The whole "detach" and "let go" applies only to negative thoughts but often people think "detach" and "let go" relates to their desire. I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with someone letting go or detaching from their desire if they want to but if you really desire something...that's not going to be easy to forget or let go of. There also seems to be a misunderstanding that because things we "don't care" about seem to manifest immediately that we should take this same approach with things we do care about. Again, if you strongly desire something, you are going to care about it and it will naturally be on your mind a lot, there's no getting away from that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:37 pm

for me its a mixed bag, sometimes i manifest just by having one thought about something and not really caring, other things i've really cared about the outcome and spent a lot of time thinking about it, for me i guess its down to how confident i feel about getting whatever it is
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Well that's exactly it. You can care or not care and still get the thing you care or don't care about. So being attached or clinging on to what you want isn't the issue because it can work either way, so it's how you think and feel that matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:22 pm

I can understand the confusion especially when coming from the other place where a lot of the advice is "I got him/her when I gave up and moved on." And that can happen too, for sure. Some people do seemingly need to give up all together to drop the resistance (another loaded LoA term!)

I think of attachment as the deeper meaning we assign or "attach" to what we want.

Again, it's not about not caring or not wanting. Someone can think about their desire every waking moment if they want. What really does matter is the content of those thoughts and the beliefs and feelings about the desire.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 pm

i think even before i knew anything about Loa, its quite common for an ex to come back as soon as you stop showing interest

i think sometimes there's certain desires especially when it comes to matters of the heart... its not that you let go or stop being attached or caring,you just make a choice to live for yourself and be happy with or without attaining the desire, if not having the desire is making you miserable or negative, its about making a choice to just be happy even if you don't have it, to me that doesn't mean you dont desire it anymore, you just don't become dependant on it for your happiness.
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Night Eyes wrote:i think even before i knew anything about Loa, its quite common for an ex to come back as soon as you stop showing interest

i think sometimes there's certain desires especially when it comes to matters of the heart... its not that you let go or stop being attached or caring,you just make a choice to live for yourself and be happy with or without attaining the desire, if not having the desire is making you miserable or negative, its about making a choice to just be happy even if you don't have it, to me that doesn't mean you dont desire it anymore, you just don't become dependant on it for your happiness.

Pretty much. And attachment means different things for different people. I think the "negative" attachment is just equivalent to "tension". If you're attached and miserable, it's because you are holding yourself in tension. You can be "attached" and happy, enjoying lingering in the feeling for the sake of the feeling. That manifests the equivalent or greater, every time.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 pm

I think when attachment is discussed it's usually referring to the negative form of attachment. The positive attachments aren't a problem!

When someone is told they are "too attached" it's not because they are too confident that they are going to get their desire! It usually has to do with some desperation or doubts or worries that are blocking them. They've attached themselves to this goal in a way that is not serving them and need to resolve or "let go" of those blocks so that they can focus on their desire in a positive way.

kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:44 am

Yes, positive attachment is wonderful queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:59 am

kazoo wrote:I think when attachment is discussed it's usually referring to the negative form of attachment.  The positive attachments aren't a problem!

When someone is told they are "too attached" it's not because they are too confident that they are going to get their desire!  It usually has to do with some desperation or doubts or worries that are blocking them.  They've attached themselves to this goal in a way that is not serving them and need to resolve or "let go" of those blocks so that they can focus on their desire in a positive way.

Of course, kazoo. Yet if I write here or anywhere, "don't be so attached", there could be members and non-members who read that and think, "Oh man, so I shouldn't be attached? This is bad. I am doing something wrong." And if those are the ones who are enjoying 'attachment', things get lost in translation and they start moving away from the desire, into doubt! So yuppers... all about how each person perceives the word. Lol. Verbal and written communication is so subjective. Sometimes I think it confuses as often as it clarifies silent
I think desperation is a good reference point word. They can ask themselves, "Do I feel desperate for this to work out?" And if they do, then that is attachment that can go.

Good stuff guys, thanks. This helped me with a non-relationship subject right now.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:23 am

Here is what I really wanted to say about attachment but for some reason couldn't articulate it better before:

I think of attachment as the deeper meaning we assign or attach to something. Like the Ferarri example in another thread, a car is not just a car, a car has different meanings depending on the type of car and who we are. Those attachments can make us feel good or bad about the desire.

When those meanings that we've attached to whatever it is we want is in harmony with that thing, we will get it. When those meanings we've attached are in tension (thanks for the word!) with who we are it will remain elusive.

So something has to change. Either we have to change ourselves to resolve the tension, or we have to change the meaning we've attached to what we desire. Of course we can work on changing both to reach that harmony as well.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:47 am

Attachment, detachment, letting go, deeper meaing, source, vortex, subjective reality, is called a process of creating problems you don't need.

Sweet!

There is just one thing and one thing only.
What do you want and how strongly focused are you on what you want.

Get rid of all the rats in your head folks.

LoA has become an "industry".

I've been here in silicon valley for about a month now. Constantly out there trying to sneak into the high end parties and getting a chance to interact with people who have achieved immense success.
People who are living their dreams.

I've seen one thing that is commen in all of them.
Simplicity.
Set a goal and go after it.

That's all.

You don't need all this esoteric wisdom that noone understands (that also include even the people who are teaching this)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

The Simplifier wrote:Yet if I write here or anywhere, "don't be so attached", there could be members and non-members who read that and think, "Oh man, so I shouldn't be attached?  This is bad.  I am doing something wrong."  And if those are the ones who are enjoying 'attachment', things get lost in translation and they start moving away from the desire, into doubt!

Greetings, Mr. TS

You know what? You don't have to worry about it.
People who can't think for themselves are none of anyone's business (not even their own)

It doesn't matter whether someone's aware of LoA or not, it works all the time. Irrespective of conscious knowledge.
If what you post is considered as confusing, misleading, miseducated by people then just understand that, that is what frequency they have activated and so it is in their reality.

In order to teach people, in no way, shape or form, should you try to censor yourself. (That is unless you wanna jump on a bandwagon and join all other "teachers")

The moment they start doing their own thinking they will soon attract the right teachers.

This is all about taking responsibility of your own. If people still need to be told what's right, what's wrong, how to think then we are turning this whole deal into another "religion" - "Mass Mind Control".

Please speak your trurh, you'll be surprised by the outcome - positively. Smiley
To me, you sound like a good person - Pure good intentions. Smiley
Keep it alive and "open"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:29 am

Hahahaha thanks. It's Armine. Spot on with (paraphrased) "They'll perceive it as what frequency they are vibrating to." So true. I can say "Hey you look great!"... and depending on their frequency, that can be translated as many ways as we can imagine and more.

I had a client whose daughters I used to tutor and I showed him and his wife some houses when I was in real estate... being around them was awesome because they were running a large company on multi continents and had thousands of employees and the one thing I can say about the dad- keeps it simple. Makes a decision quick. Boom bam boom. We're either doing this or we're not. Nice people. I should visit them again... and they happen to be from your land of Kama Sutra.

One thing that always stood out is how the maid/nanny brought him a glass of water on a little tray when he came home from work. That stayed in my mind for some reason... where I grew up, nobody delivered water on a little silver tray! If I asked a friend for some water they'd be like yeah, it's in the fridge. Hahahaha! Cool stuff.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:23 am

The reason why these terms and concepts exist is because it's all very well and good to give someone simple advice like "Focus on what you want" but obviously that's not so simple for everyone to do.

If they come to you and tell you they are trying to focus on what they want but instead all they can think about is the garbage they have in their head, or focusing on what they DON'T want how to you guide them from there? Telling them simply to just stop thinking about it isn't helpful advice. If they could remain positively focused on their goal they'd have what they want already. They can't, so that's why they are seeking advice.

You may not use LoA lingo but you are basically going to tell them the same stuff we are discussing here: you need to clear yourself of the garbage. The obvious follow up question is going is going to be how and that's why the terminology exists-to help them see where they were going wrong and how to help them overcome it.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 am

yeah i'm terrible for getting 'garbage head' especially if i've got a lot going on i find it so much harder to focus my thoughts, and then when you have the added confusion of to be or not to be attached, it gets messy lol
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:10 am

I know the cool thing to do with some people is to dismiss the "gurus" and all of that, but there actually is a point to most of the stuff they say.

For the most part, from what I see the people taking issue with them don't even really disagree with what they are saying when you get down to it, it seems the issue is more that they don't like all of the fluffy new-age terminology - which is fine, we all respond to different things. But they and the ideas that they present shouldn't be dismissed outright just because one doesn't like the packaging of their message. Especially when other people actually DO find it helpful.

Most of us experience "garbage head", especially with things we care a lot about.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:49 am

Adi wrote:
Simplicity.
Set a goal and go after it.

That's all.

I agree Adi. This is what has worked for me because that's how I was raised. But I think state of mind or maybe state of emotions plays a large role too.

I don't think negative emotions are bad. We can channel them to get our goals. Some people got what they wanted after a big temper tantrum. I remember when I had poor self-esteem. My sadness became anger at myself and my anger got so big that my desire to do something about it was just as big. So I took it out by exercising more. A lost a ton of weight which I never thought would happen to me (I used to be like this guy  Smile : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgfbafx137A). My confidence came back and I rode that high to achieve more goals.  

But if I don't channel negative emotions into action and just live with them, never accepting and releasing them, they become stuck to me and bring down my drive to accomplish anything. For some, I think "letting go" and "detachment" work here, but it amounts to the same thing: you're just replacing a state of mind that doesn't serve you with a state of mind that does.

But yes, if you set a goal and focus on it long enough with powerful emotions that energize you, I tend to find that I'll get tons of intuitive ideas at just the right time. But only if my state of mind/emotions are confident, relaxed, curious, and open to it...
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:11 pm

kazoo wrote:I know the cool thing to do with some people is to dismiss the "gurus" and all of that, but there actually is a point to most of the stuff they say.  

For the most part, from what I see the people taking issue with them don't even really disagree with what they are saying when you get down to it, it seems the issue is more that they don't like all of the fluffy new-age terminology - which is fine, we all respond to different things.  But they and the ideas that they present shouldn't be dismissed outright just because one doesn't like the packaging of their message.  Especially when other people actually DO find it helpful.

Most of us experience "garbage head", especially with things we care a lot about.  

That's right, Kazoo. I agree.

It's easy to follow the path that give up on a guru, because of a teaching or maybe a change of lifestyle from what they once were.

I've developed the mindset I can learn something from the top guru out there, all the way down to the homeless person I dropped a few coins in as I walk down the street. Many times, that homeless person may say just one or two sentences, and, it turns out to be rather profound to the thoughts you have that particular day.

Higher Self sometimes has a strange way of getting the point over to us. It will use those we think least likely to deliver the message.
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Gonna be straight up- the word Guru makes me cringe because to me it separates that person as if they are flawless, which is not true. It makes me think of people bowing down and praising thst person.

That said, "focus on what you want" really and truly is all we need to know ulyiultimaultimately, and when we say "but I can't just DO that" (me included at times for sure), it's because we are not exercising that mental discipline.

So I totally know where that's coming from, but each person can practice simply focusing on what they want.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 pm

If someone calls himself a guru, I could never take him seriously 'cause I'd be thinking about this:

and this:

President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the word "guru" either which is why I put it in quotes. But it seemed to be the best word to use to convey the meaning.

When I saw a certain moderator at a certain LOA forum refer to himself as a guru I had to chuckle. However I don't think any of the LOA teachers that we all know would refer to themselves that way.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Prez hahaha yeah.

Kazoo, yeah I use it sometimes with quotes, too. I think some people like to believe in the concept of a wise leader of philosophy and life, so they pick one and start calling him guru. Titles just sort of segregate and now everthinggg the guy says they think ahhhh yessss. And if someone else has the same insight it might be "what do you think you are, wise?"

Hahahaha. The wisest thing I might have ever heard was from the housekeeper on an overnight train while I was traveling cross country.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum