» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

Before we are Born Vote_lcap0%Before we are Born Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Before we are Born Vote_lcap33%Before we are Born Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

Before we are Born Empty

Before we are Born

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Before we are Born Empty Before we are Born

Post by Night Eyes Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:54 am

Ok so i just read this article about planning our lives before we are born, it doesn't go into massive detail on it, but i found it quite interesting

Do you think we plan our lives before we're born?

Do you believe in Reincarnation and past lives?

it also mentions how this pre planning can affect Law of Attraction, do you think that's possible? i mean it makes sense in the way they explain it, sometimes we are happy and positive and allowing and something still goes wrong... maybe we did choose it before we were born

anyways i just wanted to hear what everyone else thinks of this subject Smiley

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/09/16/do-we-plan-our-lives-before-we-are-born/
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Before we are Born Empty Re: Before we are Born

Post by Phantasm Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:00 am

If reincarnation were real, I'd probably be a cockroach in the next life.

Before we are Born Gulik

So no. I don't believe. Razz 2
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Zodiac : Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:02 am

awwww no way phanty, in your next life i think you'll be like a cute fuzzy duck or something!
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 am

Yeah.

Before we are Born F67cdae768c2afaf3810666beabe1842
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks for the topic, Night. Smiley I think reincarnation is fascinating. I don't really believe, but then I don't really disbelieve either, I'm a reincarnation agnostic.

It would be nice...   but then, when we think about the things that Lotus and others say about us all being essentially "one consciousness"....   "who" gets reincarnated?
Our egos? Surely that's the main thing that separates us from each other? If we are "one light...one mind"...then what is it that gets reincarnated?

So basically, this is us, let's call ourselves planet earth: one "body" with millions of different "cells" interacting inside it.

When one cell dies, does some "essence" from it transfer to the next cell?

Before we are Born Planet-earth-from-space

I have a lot of thoughts on consciousness and beingness that I still have to wait to write, at the moment I'm chogging on writing for deadlines (MORE of them), but there are lots of questions I have for Lotus, rodan, kazoo...all you lovely people here, Night, are the perfect sounding boards (ones that can actually manifest wise, intelligent, nice, and/or provocative replies Very Happy ) for these ideas/questions. Smiley

But to return to reincarnation: one thing that's fascinated me recently is what Rupert Sheldrake says about reincarnation. Basically, he suggests that the "memories" some people have of "past lives" are in fact just part of the collective consciousness...things floating around in the morphogenetic field.

JE: In your book The Presence of the Past (220B2), you have an interesting theory of reincarnation. You suggest that people who have memories of past lives may actually be tuning in to the memories of other people in the morphogenetic field, and that they may not actually represent reincarnated people at all. Would you care to comment on that?

RS: Yes. I'm suggesting that through morphic resonance we can all tune in to a kind of collective memory, memories from many people in the past. It's theoretically possible that we could tune into the memories of specific people. That might be explained subjectively as a memory of a past life. But this way of thinking about it doesn't necessarily mean this has to be reincarnation. The fact that you can tune into somebody else's memories doesn't prove that you are that person. Again, I would leave the question open.

But, you see, this provides a middle way of thinking about the evidence for memories of past lives, for example, that collected by Ian Stevenson and others. Usually the debate is polarized between people who say this is all nonsense because reincarnation is impossible---the standard scientific, skeptical view (I should say, the standard skeptical view; it's not particularly scientific)---and the other people who say this evidence proves what we've always believed, namely, the reality of reincarnation. I'm suggesting that it's possible to accept the evidence and accept the phenomenon, but without jumping to the conclusion that it has to be reincarnation.

JE: So your theory that information can be transmitted by these nonmaterial morphic fields makes theoretically plausible a paradigm in which phenomena such as telepathy or ESP can be understood. Can you explain how your paradigm makes sense out of this type of phenomena?

RS: Well, if people can tune in to what other people have done in the past, then telepathy is a kind of logical extension of that. If you think of somebody tuning in to somebody else's thought a fraction of a second ago, then it becomes almost instantaneous and approaches the case of telepathy. So telepathy doesn't seem to be particularly difficult in principle to explain, if there's a world in which morphic resonance takes place.

(source: http://www.sheldrake.org/about-rupert-sheldrake/interviews/quest-magazine-interview )

I still have more to add, but once my head is a little less cluttered with 16th-century feminist readings Razz

P.S. Trust Phanty to put a creepy-crawly-cockroach picture in a thread on reincarnation!!! very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:50 am

I'm not sure about this. Like Selina, I don't believe, but I don't NOT believe either.

It's one of those things that might help explain why bad things happen to babies and children for instance.

What you've posted there Selina is very interesting, and is further evidence of what we are discussing in some other threads .
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 am

i'm neither here no there on reincarnation myself

i think its a nice thought, and maybe possible, but as to if we do or not, i just dont know

i know Lotus will be able to explain this far better, but i did watch one of Rupert Spira's videos where he mentioned reincarnation in relationship to one conciousness.... he explained it as if we are all 'precipitations' of one conciousness.. then it could be possible that the energy from one precipitation when it ends gets transferred to another precipitation.. so therefore there would be similarities (in the ego?)

but then as to 'who' gets reincarnated, well maybe its more a case of similar ego's then?

if you watch this video from 7minutes.. he calls them successive precipitations..

Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:58 am

SelinaM wrote:P.S. Trust Phanty to put a creepy-crawly-cockroach picture in a thread on reincarnation!!! very sad

This reminds me of a story. Very Happy

"At a restaurant, a cockroach suddenly flew from somewhere and sat on a lady. She started screaming out of fear. With a panic stricken face and trembling voice, she started jumping, with both her hands desperately trying to get rid of the cockroach. Her reaction was contagious, as everyone in her group also got panicky. The lady finally managed to push the cockroach away but …it landed on another lady in the group.

Now, it was the turn of the other lady in the group to continue the drama.The waiter rushed forward to their rescue. In the relay of throwing, the cockroach next fell upon the waiter.The waiter stood firm, composed himself and observed the behavior of the cockroach on his shirt. When he was confident enough, he grabbed it with his fingers and threw it out of the restaurant.

Before we are Born Cockroach_PREVIEW%20IMG

Sipping my coffee and watching the amusement, the antenna of my mind picked up a few thoughts and started wondering, was the cockroach responsible for their dramatic behavior?

If so, then why was the waiter not disturbed? He handled it near to perfection, without any chaos. It is not the cockroach, but the inability of the ladies to handle the disturbance caused by the cockroach that disturbed the ladies.

I realized that, it is not the shouting of my father or my boss or my wife that disturbs me, but it’s my inability to handle the disturbances caused by their shouting that disturbs me.

It’s not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs me, but my inability to handle the disturbance caused by the traffic jam that disturbs me. More than the problem, it’s my reaction to the problem that creates chaos in my life. Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of."  

A beautiful way to understand…………LIFE. A Person who is HAPPY is not Happy because Everything is RIGHT in his Life. He is HAPPY because his Attitude towards Everything in his Life is Right..!!

(attributed to Sundar Pichai, Global head for Google Chrome)

Very Happy
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:05 am

I have memories of my past lives or at least of a certain past life, they feel as much of a memory as any memory from this life, except it didn't happen in this life Very Happy so yes, I believe in reincarnation. Whether they are linear or multiple simultaneous reincarnations, I don't know.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:08 pm

oh wow Lunar thats amazing, can you tell us some more about these memories? i'd love to hear

my mum used to tell me a story of when i was a toddler around the age of 3, and we were on holiday, and i was telling her all about my life in a house, before i had a brother (i'm the youngest), she was convinced i was talking about a past life, and i have heard that young children remember more

its funny because now i'm talking about it, we were holidaying in an area that i have always had a longing to move to, and well would still like to move to if i ever get sorted financially.

i dont know if there was anything in that story or if it was just the imagination of a young child.. who knows!
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 am

Well, skeptical as I am I'd be interested in hearing more, Lunar. Smiley (As long as there are no cats involved in your story Razz PLOA )
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Wow, that sounds so interesting Nighty Very Happy
As for me, it's a really long story, I'll try to write something very quick to sum it up.

Basically I have very strong memories about a certain house I lived in and the memory is very solid for all senses, I hear the sounds outside, I remember how things feel like when I touch them. I know the emotions I had when living there.
Me and my cousin also have shared memories of the same life, but different house. Apparently we were in the same family back then too.

Before I even came to know these memories or understand them, I happened to physically travel to that location as a teenager and when I got there, I started crying uncontrollably because I had this overwhelming sense of coming home followed by extreme joy.
It's very hard to really put any of these memories or emotions into words for someone who has never experienced it- maybe I am just crazy and it's not true but it's very hard to not believe when all the research I have done matches perfectly, from the local clothing of that time to interior design of the houses, which I already had seen in my mind before I even started any research.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Oh yes, forgot to say my old teacher said that if you have previously incarnated in a different country then you will be drawn to or are passionate about that culture and place during this life.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Love&Light Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Agree with lunar... There is no question about re-incarnation in my mind... The question is whether they are simultaneous or linear.

It would be too simple a process to have just one life... Although there may be cases where spirits with higher ascension levels may just live one life.. For e.g. it would be hard to believe that Buddha would re-incarnate again.
http://www.waupacanaturals.com/articles/ascension.htm

Again all this is what resonates with me - cannot provide any proof Smiley

Love&Light
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:32 am

Lunar thats Fascinating

i read something before when was looking into Soulmates, and it was saying something along the lines of, we don't have just one Soulmate we have a group of them, some of them are for love and some of them are Karma Soulmates, so we all reincarnate together and play different roles in each others lives, so that would make sense with you and your cousin being related in the past life aswell
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:14 am

i just read this article

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/02/scientific-approach-reincarnation-journey-souls-death.html

very interesting read, although i must say, what a long and detailed process for reincarnation.
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top