» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_lcap33%Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_lcap33%Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Empty

Limiting Beliefs

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Limiting Beliefs - Page 6 Empty Re: Limiting Beliefs

Post by Lotus ♥ Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi Desideratum. Glad to see you again so welcome aboard, and thanks for your comment.

Interesting conversation .... I resonate highly with what you've been saying. There is definitely freedom to be found in letting go of the desires of the ego/self. Or, better stated, letting go of the desireER itself.
Exactly. It's letting go of the desire-er. However, I meant only the notion of "control" in that part, not the subject of "desire" in general. And my intention in that preliminary stage was to only shake a little or "unsettle" the stability of the ego, through exposing the falsity of such beliefs the ego usually takes for granted or as self-evident.

Rodan asked one question that I want to pose again, and see what your answer would be.

You said: “However, once you "drop" the whole idea of control, you paradoxically become in control—although you may not recognize it then as such. The reason is, the very concept of control, the very urge to control anything at all, basically comes from your identification with a limited character or ego called Rodan.”

Rodan asked: So, by giving up control, become passive, “ allowing “ whatever the inner awareness truly is,  permit awareness to take over?

I would like to add to that: Do you mean to ultimately let go of the desires of the mind?
If the desires are "of the mind," as you rightly just said, what do they have to do with YOU in the first place? Why ever "hold on" to those desires and now think you should instead "let go" of them?

Letting go of the desires (in the sense of "pushing them away" or "forcing" oneself to stop desiring) is just like holding on to the desires. These are two faces of the same coin. Both attitudes or positions only reveal your "misidentification," and only indicate your "involvement" and "attachment" to the mind (or the desirer), and therefore it really never works this way. So the point here is to first realize that you, indeed, have no desire whatsoever. When you truly realize this—for example by maintaining the "Observer" position, over both the mind and body, instead of unconsciously "identifying" as both or either—most of these desires will then gradually fade out on their own (because most of these desires were actually meant to affirm the "desirer.") But even if they didn't there would be no problem, because either way you'd be no longer "attached" to the "outcome."

you mentioned Maharshi, for instance, who said "to know god is to be god." The problem for me and most people is that, despite my understanding of non-duality and the like, I am not in the same state of awakening that Maharshi was.
This thought itself, that "you are not in the same state of awakening that Maharshi was," is the problem. WHO thinks so? WHO has this thought? See the point?

Most people are not "gods." They are "men" who want to be "gods." And they want to be there, as men, to enjoy being gods. Very Happy But obviously this is contradictory. Does a lion "enjoy" not being a sheep? Does he "strive" to never be a sheep, or "aspire" for that? Does he ever even think about it? No. Why? Because he is a lion, from the start a lion, all along a lion. It's only a "sheep" that may have any of these thoughts or undertake any of such endeavors. Similarly, you are already the Maharshi. You are already the Buddha. You are already the Christ. Right now and here you are already and LITERALLY the eternal and infinite Consciousness holding the whole universe together. The very thought "I'm not in the same state of awakening that Maharshi was" only veils this glaring truth; only revives and perpetuates the "Desideratum" you are not. It's Desideratum, you are not, who may entertain such a thought; never the Maharshi you already are.  

Its difficult to accept the notion of just walking away from my desires as a means to freedom. Since this is the LOA section I wondered if there was a connection there you could elaborate more on.
First of all desires are rather important. They are the fuel of life, and they are essential for any human activity to ever start let alone continue. It's still our desires that drive us even to this or that "spiritual" path and keep pushing us forward to awake or realize the truth that would finally liberate us.

So even "spiritually" speaking, the problem is not the desire. The problem is that you believe this is "your" desire, not a product or a state of the "mind." Satisfying the mind's desire, therefore, has become your own satisfaction, and you thus feel happy when the desire is fulfilled or miserable if not. So don't "walk away" from your desires, but just look closely: are they really "YOUR" desires? Aren't they only mental or bodily states, arising in response to your environment, or conditioning, or upbringing, or the chemicals in your brain, or perhaps even the current positions of the stars and how they relate to your birth sign? If you're neither the body nor the mind, what does any of this really have to do with you?

Maharshi was once asked: Is it bad to desire something?

He answered: One should not be elated on having his desire fulfilled or disappointed on being frustrated. To be elated on the fulfillment of desire is so deceitful. A gain will certainly be lost ultimately. Therefore elation must end in pain at a future date. One should not give place to feelings of pleasure or pain, come what may. How do the events affect the person? You do not grow by acquiring something nor wither away by losing it. You remain what you always are.

Q.: We worldly men cannot resist desire.

M.: You may desire but be prepared for any eventuality. Make effort, but do not be lost in the result. Accept with equanimity whatever happens. For pleasure and pain are mere mental modes. They have no relation to the objective realities.

So you may freely desire, whatever you may. But to break your "attachment" to the outcome, first establish yourself at least in the Observer position. When you go to the doctor for example because of some pain in your, say, knee, who explains the problem to the doctor? It's not the "sufferer," because this only "suffers." So obviously there is still a higher level here, that's of the "knower." This is who you are, the Knower; never the sufferer but rather the knower of every suffering, and of every experience.

So keep, at least, in this knower or as we commonly call it Observer position. That is, acknowledge and keep fully and constantly aware that this desire in your mind is just like the sensation of hunger in your body. They both are mere reactions to whatever state this body-mind construct may happen to be in, they both just "move" this body-mind construct (not you) to act a certain way, and last but not least, they both have absolutely nothing to do with YOU or your natural and permanent state of serenity, peace and bless.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Desideratum Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Hello Lotus,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I fully understand that the desires are not truly mine, but rather appear from nowhere and occupy the desireER. As with most people, however, a strong desire seems to kill all the space between me and it, and results in suffering when not attained.

Hence my coming to learn about LOA. One can use LOA to manifest desires in this world even while being totally attached, I have done so, many have done so. As you point out, when one does lose the attachment to a desire, what usually happens is that it floats away, eventually out of sight (mind) and is forgotten.

My interests seem to be split. I am not exactly greedy, but alas, I am not prepared to live with nothing to my name but a diaper and a stick, like Ramana Maharshi. His acolyte, Papaji, once said "if you have a desire, do not pick it up, it may burn you." Problem is, I kind of have to pick some of them up.

I am in a change of work situation, for example, and must come out the other side gainfully employed. Otherwise, well, I am in trouble. I have a long-running personal life situation as well, but am at the cusp of walking away from that one. A year of trying create something via LOA has failed, at least observably, so I am rethinking things.

Anyway, these are two different subjects, then... one being using LOA to manifest desires, the other the goal of freedom and realization of who I am in truth.

Desideratum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Good luck in your journey, Desideratum. I had a similar "split" situation for some time, but then I found out, through both study and experience, that the contradiction or the gap is not really that large as it usually appears. For example, to me LOA belongs to the realm of magic. However, the deeper foundation and truths of magic are actually the same of spirituality. This is especially clear in the case of Neville for example and what makes him so special.

But it goes even beyond that: For instance, most of the wealthy (billionaires) I had the chance to observe and deal directly with practice "detachment" in the full sense of the word without even knowing it or having ever heard of Buddha or Maharshi. They never "attach" to the money, rather "view" it and "handle" it, albeit subconsciously, as a kind of "energy" that should be always circulating out there in the world. They practically look as if "throwing" their money here and there, including to charity, without much "care" about it, but then as if by magic, the money comes back again and keeps coming back, sometimes doubled. They even believe, still subconsciously, that money is "infinite"—which is very true, beyond the dream of even philosophy. So why for example spend at least $15,000 on a handmade pair of shoes from Lobb when you can get a great pair from Prada or even Testoni for only $1,000 and give $14,000 to the needy? Their logic is surprisingly simple: Because I deserve a pair from Lobb; because absolutely nothing in the world is like the experience of these shoes warmly wrapping your feet; and because I can have a Lobb and still give $14,000 to the needy. Just let's "move" some more money (which means spend not save) for still more to manifest and do both (that is, manifest from the endless ocean of money).

Thus all in all, speaking of attachment, I've never found more and deeper "attachment," "clinging," "tightening" of the grips, lust for "control," "fear" and "worry" than I have among the both ignorant and poor. Because they're ignorant of the Two Worlds—the truly material and the truly spiritual/magical—they're the only ones who may have such pathetic tendencies and miserable thoughts, not only of attachment or fear or worry but also of greed, envy or even hatred sometimes. Also because they're ignorant, they're the ones who believe that these two worlds are split, or contradictory, or each subject to a different set of laws; and they're the ones who reproduce and continually affirm these beliefs in the culture, the media, the movies, etc. But these two worlds are indeed one, always hiding the same deeper truths and subject to the same laws and rules, regardless of the different "labels" we may attach to them.

Thanks Desideratum; again wishing you all the best and have a good night.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Desideratum Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Its not a conflict, per se, which I think you are saying as well. Like you point out, successful people naturally think of the universe as abundant. Even if stricken down, they rise back up, fortified with the subconscious belief that they are a successful person, and rebuild as needed. Poor, unsuccessful people deal with the opposite subconscious beliefs, as you pointed out.

Then there are those who learn about LOA and put the intentional use of it to work to change their subconscious beliefs. As they get more and more adept, they can transform from the poor minded to the success minded, using their new faith in either themselves, or LOA, or whatever, to change their physical reality.

I'm just paraphrasing what you said.

The notion that letting go of a desire as a means to bring it into fruition is a common one in LOA circles. I don't see it working that way. Again, I think you also said that. But, the letting go process can, and does result in people releasing doubt and fear, etc. which reinforce the LACK. Once that is let go, things flow a lot better and faster. Maybe the desire does not appear, but since the attachment is gone (or mostly gone) the associated suffering is gone.

Or the desire might appear if it was just a matter of releasing said doubts.

Desideratum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:43 pm

That's why I hate this "letting go" topic, Desideratum. Very Happy

There are two schools concerning this point, as I wrote before elsewhere; please let me know if you're interested. For now I'd rather say that all flavors are available. Very Happy Some people let go and their desires manifest; others let go but their desires don't. Some "give up" not only let go and only then their desires manifest; others let go and then give up but their desires still never manifest; yet others neither let go nor give up and their desires manifest. So obviously something is wrong. This scene is very messy and many are therefore confused.

The key however is very simple: Letting go, or giving up, or instead holding on; none of this is the "determinant" factor. Rather, it's the "change" in our mental "template" or "mold," or if you prefer "vibration," that any of these reactions or attitudes may lead to. If that internal change occurred because of, or just simultaneously with, what we call "letting go," or "giving up," or "holding on," the desire then manifests in response to that inner change, not in response to any of these attitudes.

I may therefore let go and my desire immediately manifests; you may do exactly the same but your desire still doesn't. In my case, my letting go brought about the change required—rearranged my energetic matrix, cleared up the channels of force, or simply changed my vibration—and as a result everything fell in place. In your case, however, your letting go didn't bring about the same effect, or brought about the same effect but your energetic template was more complex, or more deeply rooted into your psyche, or so rigid and tenacious it can't easily respond to any new "imprints." Your desire therefore still didn't manifest although you did exactly the same I did. In this context, "giving up" altogether, especially after a long period of visualizing or affirming one's desire, may rather be the last piece required in order to release all energy locked-up. Manifestation may then occur, even rapidly, as this one single "release of frustration" starts a chain reaction or "domino effect" in the system. Some therefore give up and once they do their desire manifest although "giving up" itself is never required or even recommended for any manifestation to take place.

Underlying this whole system, however, is only one simple rule: The "person" who produced this, say, "lack" in his finances, or "disease" in his body, or "loneliness" in his life, CANNOT produce abundance, or health, or love, so long as he is the "same" person. This is impossible. No one can help it; not even God can help it, pray as you may. The lack or the disease or the loneliness in this person's external world is simply the exact and precise "projection" of his internal world. It's this person—this specific construct of energy, this specific arrangement of forces, this specific setting of vibrations—that "echoes" in the external world in the form of lack, or disease, or loneliness. Therefore it's impossible for the "same" person to manifest anything other than just that.

However, because "letting go" usually re-sets and re-tunes the inner mind or template, chances are this "new" person, having let go, will manifest his desire—not because he particularly let go but because now he is a new person. Through letting go he's "transformed;" become a different person with a different template. A different frame in the projector that instantly shows a different movie on the screen. A different frequency within that inevitably initiates a different "resonance" throughout the whole universe without due to the holographic nature of reality. The manifestation of his desire in this case is mathematically certain, exactly as his older lack or disease or loneliness was.

Obviously, there is really no "Higher Self" to take over or "Lower Self" to let go or "Universe" to kindly answer or any of that... just mental noise and distraction. Truth is beautifully simple, and it's only one question to consider: Who are you? Who do you think you are? How do you define yourself? In his gem Your Faith is Your Fortune Neville wrote:

Change your conception of yourself and you will automatically change the world in which you live
... Stop trying to change the world since it is only the mirror. Man's attempt to change the world by force is as fruitless as breaking a mirror in the hope of changing his face. Leave the mirror and change your face. Leave the world alone and change your conceptions of yourself.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Desideratum Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:47 pm

That's why I hate this "letting go" topic, Desideratum.

Well, you have some clear and insightful observations about it, so I appreciate the conversation.

There are two schools concerning this point, as I wrote before elsewhere; please let me know if you're interested.

If its something that can be helpful in a practical way I would be, yes.

The key however is very simple: Letting go, or giving up, or instead holding on; none of this is the "determinant" factor. Rather, it's the "change" in our mental "template" or "mold," or if you prefer "vibration," that any of these reactions or attitudes may lead to. If that internal change occurred because of, or just simultaneously with, what we call "letting go," or "giving up," or "holding on," the desire then manifests in response to that inner change, not in response to any of these attitudes.

Yes, that makes sense .. a shift in our inner paradigm, to use some fancy LOA jargon.  If the aggregate effect is to loosen the grasp on lack, loss, etc, it can result in new energy flowing in, manifestations that have been blocked now being able to move, etc. Makes sense.

Also, I believe the process of building the belief, subconsciously, that the desired thing is real can have the same effect. The subconscious no longer craves or longs for that it has, or believes it has. The relief of the feelings of lack can be interpreted as letting go. Soon after which the desire may appear in physical reality.

. In your case, however, your letting go didn't bring about the same effect, or brought about the same effect but your energetic template was more complex, or more deeply rooted into your psyche, or so rigid and tenacious it can't easily respond to any new "imprints."

In my life it is true that letting go of things has mostly resulted in them drifting out of my consciousness. I have never had an old relationship re-appear, an old girlfriend suddenly wanting to get back together after I got over her.  That has not happened to me at all. But, once over them, it was fine, I wouldn't have wanted to get back together, I moved on.

My current situation is far more complex. Someone who I have come close to bet never had a real thing with, mostly due to some emotional issues they are dealing with. Although from an LOA standpoint, its all me, my "creation," my manifestation. Lots of hurt feelings, anger, etc. to release, and its not easy to say the least.  

"giving up" altogether, especially after a long period of visualizing or affirming one's desire, may rather be the last piece required in order to release all energy locked-up. Manifestation may then occur, even rapidly, as this one single "release of frustration" starts a chain reaction or "domino effect" in the system.

This could very well be, although my spider sense tells me if/when I give up the situation will drift off out of my life and I will simply move on.  Maybe not, we'll see. I really want to focus on business/career things so I can secure myself better financially. that is another focus I have. Well, we all have.

Some therefore give up and once they do their desire manifest although "giving up" itself is never required or even recommended for any manifestation to take place.

Can you elaborate a little on "giving up" not being recommended? Or are you simply saying that the removal of focus on the manifestation does what is does in every other situation, just takes the energy away, lowering the likelyhood of something changing.

Underlying this whole system, however, is only one simple rule: The "person" who produced this, say, "lack" in his finances, or "disease" in his body, or "loneliness" in his life, CANNOT produce abundance, or health, or love, so long as he is the "same" person.

Perhaps a better way to think of this is rather than the "person" not being able to manifest the change, a "person with these core (subconscious) beliefs" will not be able to change, etc, Would you confirm that?

However, because "letting go" usually re-sets and re-tunes the inner mind or template, chances are this "new" person, having let go, will manifest his desire—not because he particularly let go but because now he is a new person. Through letting go he's "transformed;" become a different person with a different template.

I suppose what defines a person, in the physical world, is what they think, believe, etc. Of course that is not the TRUTH of who a person is, which is none of those things at all, but I know you are speaking from the LOA perspective.

Loved the quote from Neville. He also spoke about "letting go" of the old "you," I am paraphrasing, but he spoke about letting go of the old you and becoming the new you with the new life, etc.

Thanks for the chat.

Desideratum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks to you, Desideratum (also thanks to Rodan; hopefully he's fine). These dialogs with you and him and a few others are probably the last strings connecting me with the web in general.

If the aggregate effect is to loosen the grasp on lack, loss, etc, it can result in new energy flowing in, manifestations that have been blocked now being able to move, etc.
Very well said.

Also, I believe the process of building the belief, subconsciously, that the desired thing is real can have the same effect. The subconscious no longer craves or longs for that it has, or believes it has. The relief of the feelings of lack can be interpreted as letting go. Soon after which the desire may appear in physical reality.
Yes. But why interpret it as letting go? Letting go is usually understood as either letting go of the desire itself, or letting go only of the outcome—meaning "detachment," or staying "happy either way." But if you believe that the desire is already fulfilled or real as you put it, the whole "letting go" concept or process, in either sense, is no longer present or needed, because there is no "desire" in the first place. If you are, say, wealthy, you won't desire to be wealthy. You already are. These are the two schools or systems I'm talking about (and this is probably the most practical point). In the first system, whose pinnacle and master was definitely Neville, you work on the "I AM" level and your mission is to create a new "self concept," freely as desired. "Letting go" has no place in this scheme. In the second school, however, you don't "transform" on such a deeper level. You're still the same person with a desire to fulfill. As such, you have to put the seed and then "let go" for the higher powers to give you the tree.

So if you're following with Neville or the first school in general, you don't even have a desire. You are already that you want to be. You are here working on Consciousness itself, where knowing and being are literally the same thing. If you know you are say wealthy, then you are wealthy, that's it—and that's for sure, because this is how reality itself is made. The rest therefore is for that "knowledge" or "consciousness" to only "echo" in the external world.

In my life it is true that letting go of things has mostly resulted in them drifting out of my consciousness. I have never had an old relationship re-appear, an old girlfriend suddenly wanting to get back together after I got over her.  That has not happened to me at all. But, once over them, it was fine, I wouldn't have wanted to get back together, I moved on.

My current situation is far more complex. Someone who I have come close to bet never had a real thing with, mostly due to some emotional issues they are dealing with. Although from an LOA standpoint, its all me, my "creation," my manifestation. Lots of hurt feelings, anger, etc. to release, and its not easy to say the least.  
"giving up" altogether, especially after a long period of visualizing or affirming one's desire, may rather be the last piece required in order to release all energy locked-up. Manifestation may then occur, even rapidly, as this one single "release of frustration" starts a chain reaction or "domino effect" in the system.

This could very well be, although my spider sense tells me if/when I give up the situation will drift off out of my life and I will simply move on.  Maybe not, we'll see. I really want to focus on business/career things so I can secure myself better financially. that is another focus I have. Well, we all have.
Wishing you all the best, Desideratum. You're a good man and you deserve the best. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I never believe that I can "see" people on the internet well enough to evaluate, judge or even fully understand their "personal" revelations. So I don't have much to say here really. But given what you just said and what I know about you in general, perhaps you are the one to release? Perhaps you're taking yourself too seriously? Perhaps you're not fully and constantly aware of the illusory nature of everything (and everyone)?

Can you elaborate a little on "giving up" not being recommended? Or are you simply saying that the removal of focus on the manifestation does what is does in every other situation, just takes the energy away, lowering the likelyhood of something changing.
I just mean "giving up" in the sense or context of frustration and hopelessness. I don't think such feelings can help in any manifestation. But "giving up" in the sense of "hanging loose" or "letting go" or "going with the flow" is rather great, of course.  

Perhaps a better way to think of this is rather than the "person" not being able to manifest the change, a "person with these core (subconscious) beliefs" will not be able to change, etc, Would you confirm that?
I intentionally wrote "the person" to counter particularly this common line of thinking. When we say/think the change is required in a "person's core beliefs," or a "person's subconscious mind," we imply that there is a "constant" and "independent" person, and then there is a "changeable" belief or mind. This is not only false but also limiting. The person is not constant, independent or separate from the mind. Rather, the person is the "product" of the mind. The person therefore is wholly changeable.

So I wrote "the person," meaning the whole "character," like in the movies. Hamlet can be sad in one scene and then "change" to be happy in the next. But I, the actor, am not limited by Hamlet or obliged to play Hamlet, or to change only his mind or belief or mood. I can change Hamlet himself. I can be Romeo, or Othello, or King Lear, instead of Hamlet. A whole new "character" in whole new "movie," different altogether.

This, I believe, is liberating. You are now playing "Desideratum," for example, whose values, beliefs, ideas, feelings, memories, family, church, school, society, culture; all shared in "sculpting" his overall character and together made up his "story" and finally led him to this very moment right now and here—suffering from, say, lack. Now Desideratum, as Desideratum, wants to change his limiting beliefs concerning money, all the way back to those he formed when he was 5 years old. What I'm saying and implying, instead, is that you are not even Desideratum. You're only "playing" Desideratum, and therefore you can "free" yourself, in a minute, from the whole "character." From the whole long "story" you've been, for decades, constantly both creating and imprisoning yourself in.

In other words, don't "decorate" the prison, just get out of it. Don't strive to renovate or rehabilitate the old one; just get out and keep out of it. Don't allow your mind to put you back in, because it's our mind and ONLY our mind that imprisons us.  

I suppose what defines a person, in the physical world, is what they think, believe, etc. Of course that is not the TRUTH of who a person is, which is none of those things at all, but I know you are speaking from the LOA perspective.
Exactly. But this takes us even a step further. Truth is, you're already out of your prison every single moment, but your mind and particularly your memory, every single moment, puts you back in. Our "default" state is rather freedom, not bondage. But we just hold on tightly to our "stories" and "dramas" and we rather run, every morning, to get back into our cells and keep locked up for the rest of the day. Very Happy
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:04 am

@Lotus:

I have been listening to one of Rupert Spira's youtube videos,( since my last post in here), where the host, interviews Rupert, and discuss, in detail, what consciousness is. I've listened to it before, several times. It's one I can follow with more understanding than some of his other videos,( not to diminish their importance), listed on youtube.

Early on, it starts off with Rupert asking the host...........

" Are you aware? "

He responds with a  confident, " yes ".  

The interview goes on from there, in detail.

Rupert says if you asked this of most people, randomly, they would answer, yes.

To catch up, I've read, and reread your conversations with " Desideratum ", dealing mainly with the subject of " letting go". I'm hoping to get back into this thread soon.

I see an old friend " MTC " has found the forum. It's good to see his name. I've always enjoyed his threads. Welcome, MTC, if you are reading this.
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi Rodan. Thanks for your post, also for reading and following this last dialog with Desideratum. As for MTC, in case you don't know, he like Desideratum has been already sailing in the same ocean of non-duality for quite some time now. So it's definitely uplifting and inspiring to have them both on board today.

About Spira, yes some of his videos are of course easier to follow and understand than others. And when it comes to the "paradoxical" facts of reality, these are not understandable at all—although they still can be realized directly and intuitively, through the "heart" not the mind or intellect.

Please take your time, Rodan; I'll be around anyway. Thanks again and have a good day.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Desideratum Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:37 am

So if you're following with Neville or the first school in general, you don't even have a desire. You are already that you want to be. You are here working on Consciousness itself, where knowing and being are literally the same thing. If you know you are say wealthy, then you are wealthy, that's it—and that's for sure, because this is how reality itself i s made. The rest therefore is for that "knowledge" or "consciousness" to only "echo" in the external world.

Indeed, Neville did speak about the willingness to leave the old person behind and become a new person, the one who has the wish fulfilled. However, he talked about imagining this as he drifted off to sleep (or in a state akin to sleep). This way it would be imprinted into the subconscious mind more effectively.

It all seems to boil down to faith, the subconscious embodying of the new state.

Desideratum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:13 am

I had a lovely evening with Neville at the bookshop today. sunny

Last edited by The Simplifier on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Photo)
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:26 am

so has anyone managed to work on or move past any of their limiting beliefs?

i've been feeling a shift in my beliefs on money and jobs, i feel like i'm definitely heading in a better direction, i seem to be managing a lot better financially and having more money available to me, and getting work seems less scary for me lately Very Happy
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Congrats Night, this is your turning point!
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks Armine... i'm embracing it all Smiley
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:33 am

I would love love love some advice about my job situation. I have many limiting beliefs when it comes to my job. I have been looking for another job for about two years now and if I am honest I it's been a long time since I really enjoyed what I am doing. My current job is stressful and I am dealing with work pressure on a daily basis. Three years ago I got a burn out. I think that was the time to leave that job permanently but then I got insomnia so bad that there wasn't one night that I got enough ours of sleep. So I didn't dare to look for another job. They know me at this job so if the nights get really bad I can start working later. Luckily I am much better now, so I have tried to find another job for a while now... Without any succes. I have applied for other positions within the same company, but every time I think this is it, I don't get the job. I am looking on the job marked as well, but don't see things I really like bc I want to change to something really different. I have made a list of my job wishes. I have visualized. I know I need to stay positive about my current job as well, but that's difficult. It's draining my energy at the moment. Trying to ignore current reality this way seems impossible. I see one co- worker after another switching to other positions while I feel literally stuck. I know that me writing this is filled with cants instead of cans. I have been trying for such a long time now that u feel that there is something within my state of mind that is holding me back. If I could make a change today I would. I am so done. Maybe anyone can give me some advice. Am I missing something here? Thank u
LittlemissSunshine
LittlemissSunshine
Founder
Founder

Female

Zodiac : Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:29 pm

LittlemissSunshine wrote:I would love love love some advice about my job situation. I have many limiting beliefs when it comes to my job. I have been looking for another job for about two years now and if I am honest I it's been a long time since I really enjoyed what I am doing. My current job is stressful and I am dealing with work pressure on a daily basis. Three years ago I got a burn out. I think that was the time to leave that job permanently but then I got insomnia so bad that there wasn't one night that I got enough ours of sleep. So I didn't dare to look for another job. They know me at this job so if the nights get really bad I can start working later. Luckily I am much better now, so I have tried to find another job for a while now... Without any succes. I have applied for other positions within the same company, but every time I think this is it, I don't get the job. I am looking on the job marked as well, but don't see things I really like bc I want to change to something really different. I have made a list of my job wishes. I have visualized. I know I need to stay positive about my current job as well, but that's difficult. It's draining my energy at the moment. Trying to ignore current reality this way seems impossible. I see one co- worker after another switching to other positions while I feel literally stuck. I know that me writing this is filled with cants instead of cans. I have been trying for such a long time now that u feel that there is something within my state of mind that is holding me back. If I could make a change today I would. I am so done. Maybe anyone can give me some advice. Am I missing something here? Thank u

It's beyond me why nobody answered or even commented on this yet Very Happy so I'd like to at least let you know that I personally do care, and that I do send your way my best thoughts and wishes. Unfortunately I'm not very active anymore, but I sincerely wish I could reply or give you some advice.

One word I may add, though: When we go to an interview, we usually dress well, talk with confidence, keep mindful to our body language and generally do our best to prove or at least look qualified for the job. However, we also take with us our previous frustrations and disappointments, the desperation that may have grown in our heart because of all similar interviews we've been through before, and the whole history of failure, or defeat, let alone pain, that we usually think hidden in the deep recesses of our mind. In fact, we take all of this wherever we go not only to our interviews, and what we usually think hidden is not hidden at all. It's right there in our aura or "energy field," hovering all around us. Although most people are not psychic enough to "see" our aura or what might be there really, they're still sensitive enough to "sense" it, and they do communicate subconsciously with our subconscious. We thus end up having two levels of communication with everyone all the time, especially in such evaluative interviews: one is verbal and conscious; the other, silent and subconscious. Not only that you may unconsciously transmit frustration while consciously speaking of confidence, or silently convey failure while verbally promising success; but the mere fact that these two levels of communication may not be consistent and harmonious is itself disturbing and even repelling. Your interviewers therefore, regardless of your presentation, may disapprove you in the end, however skillful you may be, and neither you nor even they can clearly tell the reason.

In other words, because everything we go through leaves its mark or "impression" in our mind, the fact that you've been trying unsuccessfully for so long is itself a problem that needs your attention. Almost all people who try anything for so long with no success usually end up with this problem, and that's why it usually gets from bad to worse with time. Having a new job, for example, gradually feels unlikely and truly become improbable. Why? Because with every new disappointment or failure, you receive a new hit in your psyche. The more disappointment or failure you go through, the more and deeper "impressions of failure" get engraved on your mind. This is what you take with you to every new interview, communicate silently and unconsciously, and therefore only miss your chance of getting the job desired.

So apart from the main problem that put you in this job in the first place, also apart from the LOA theory, or your vibration, or your techniques dealing with this situation, I hope you're paying attention to this long history of failure that you may be carrying around without being aware of it. I think you need to take a break and to first "purify" your psyche and erase all those past and dark impressions on your mind. You need to go to your next interview feeling like it's your first, light and fresh, "with a song on your lips and in your heart"—without this invisible yet heavy burden on your shoulders and in your aura. I even believe that this alone, the purifying or cleansing of your mind, can dramatically increase your overall vibration and consequently chances.

Wishing you all the best anyway.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:40 pm

This helps me too Lotus, thank you. Smiley Little Miss, I'm afraid I have no advice for you about limiting beliefs because I'm in the same position - not with jobs but I have some very deeply ingrained negative beliefs that I can't get rid of. I've tried some methods of getting rid of them (rewriting my reality etc.) but nothing seems to work, those beliefs are as stubborn as I am -- though I wonder if it is just a failure of will on my part somehow in some cases. I'm not sure.

Does anyone have some good tips on washing away limiting beliefs in general? How to erase negative impressions from the mind, etc.? NAPS? Other subconscious reprogramming...?

Little Miss, the one thing that does occur to me is that maybe there is a way to like the job you're in already, and that in doing so you'll open yourself up to an abundance mindset and it will naturally add more gratitude to your life. Obviously your feelings about the job are natural and I totally sympathise with being drained and tired and stressed, but there is always a way to create at least a slight mental shift no matter what the situation is.

As Epictetus said, "Everything has two handles, the one by which it may be carried, the other by which it cannot." I think that when we're overworked we tend to be holding the situation by the handle that makes it a heavy burden, and it gets worse and worse and harder to carry, we struggle more and more and get more and more stressed out. But there will always be something bearable about a situation, and the more we focus on it the more happiness comes in other areas. I don't know, that's what I think, I'm working on implementing it myself, maybe others will have other ideas or useful input.

I love Alan Watts' idea of "work as play". If we go about life as if we're playing a game, completing difficult challenges and levelling up all the time, it can sometimes be easier....

I believe we can learn to like whatever we have to do, whatever it is, but at the same time I think we should always follow our passion....

Here's a (not very nicely but at least colourfully) illustrated excerpt of a famous Alan Watts talk on the subject of vocation.

http://zenpencils.com/comic/98-alan-watts-what-if-money-was-no-object/

Obviously you know this, but I thought I'd put it up anyway since we're talking about work. Wink

Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:55 am

Littlemiss, you've received plenty of good insight here today. I suppose the only thing I'd like to mention is when you say that ignoring currently reality this way seems impossible, it really is. You can't expect to be able to ignore current reality (especially one that is bugging you) until you have a good idea of the new focus. It looks to me like you haven't made much cognitive contact yet with the destination- the preferred reality. You don't need a whoooole lot more, but a little more consistency asking yourself (and letting the answers come) of what it is that you do want now. Then give yourself permission to feel the joy of that reality at least as much as you're "facing" the old (still physical) reality.

You'll find it to be more pleasant and easy to do once you let go of feeling bad about "still not having found a new job". It's amazing really. Let ththat post you wrote be the last words confessing that you don't have your new, better job yet.

Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns. Remember, of course your mind isn't going to accept the new reality idea so quickly when it's been used to so long of time you being dissatisfied with your job. Practice a bit more the true vibration of being satisfied and it will show up for you. I promise.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 am

Lotus, freya and Armine, your words were enough to shift my vibration today. Lotus you are absolutely right I need to cleans my mind. My whole work experience has been nothing but build up frustration. The failure cycle is exactly what I am going through. Ever since I know about The LOA attraction I have managed to turn my life around in almost every area of my life, except this. I know there are many things blocking my vibration. I will take your advice and will focus on getting into a state of mind that is at ease. I don't know if I can get into the state of loving the job, but I know I can be neutral. Today I had an oppointment and I chose to walk instead at a comfortable pace instead of rushing from one appointment to the other. It felt good. I really enjoyed the walk. Managing my own agenda is one of the good things about my job. I know that I can find small things to be happy about. So thank you for your reply. It means a lot to me Smiley

Freya, I use that moment right before u go to sleep to mumble the things I want. It keeps me focused. What helps the most is acknowledging all the things the way they are. Don't fear your fears or your beliefs. Just take it as an indication as things you can still work on an go from there. I noticed that once I acknowledge things and accept them the fear slowly goes away. It looses it importance. I used subcon programming to increase my sports results. It works for that, so it must work to get rid off the limiting beliefs as well Smiley

Thank you Armine! That post will be the last negative thing I said about my job. ( oh how I love my job Wink ) I will focus more on what I want and accept what is. Thank you all for your help. It really does help! I know how to move on now.
LittlemissSunshine
LittlemissSunshine
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Little Miss i absolutely love your positivity.... its contagious, you're such a beautiful soul I love you
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 am

Oh no it's you guys that make me shine so bright! Smiley hugs!
LittlemissSunshine
LittlemissSunshine
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:10 pm

I am at my wit's end here.

I mentioned a few other times that I have been dealing with chronic car problems. If I went in to detail about all of the issues I've had, you probably wouldn't even believe it.

However, I'm not gonna fuel the negative situation by typing it all out-It would just get me frustrated and leave a written record of the non-stop hassles which would be counterproductive. Just trust me. I can't catch a break when it comes to cars and I need a reliable car to get to work.

So, here's the thing. On a conscious level every time I deal with some car problem I tell myself "That's it. I can't POSSIBLY have any car problems for a good long time." Well, it never works out that way. Sure enough a short time later another issue arises.

Obviously I have some extremely deep rooted subconscious beliefs here that need to be gone-NOW. I can't deal with this crap anymore.

I know the beliefs in question aren't really about the cars. I am sure it has something to do with money or my job situation since every time these issues arise it ends up costing me money and usually screws with my work schedule and causes all kinds of stress.

Not being able to even pinpoint exactly what the limiting belief is, where do you even start? This has been happening for so long now, with multiple cars. It's insane and I really just need it to stop.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:55 pm

I strongly suggest you (right now) explore and practice the feeling of having a reliable car. Clear out whatever you just vented here like sweeping your arm across a tabletop knocking it all off. Then, set up the replacement feeling on this "tabletop" in your mind. Searching further for the meaning if why your car is not reliable is sort of unnecessary because you can get on it now and immediately vibrate as the you who already has a reliable one. Simulate the vibration by playing "make believe" and letting ease set in that is associated with knowing your reliable car is in your driveway/street/garage.

This only works if you somewhat consistently let yourself feel this vibe. You will have it in what seems like no time. You're not stuck. Immediately discontinue identifying as the one whose car gives problems. That's in the past. You see?
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks Armine!

See, on a conscious level, I expect my car to work.  I think to myself that I've already had a lifetime's worth of car problems and there just can't possibly be any more issues in store for me.  So I feel like I ALREADY (on a conscious level anyway) have a feeling like I have (or SHOULD have) a reliable car.

My last car was mostly reliable (for a while) until someone hit me and totaled it. So it's not just mechanical problems and the like either.  Now the car I got to replace that one is having issues.  (I've had it just over a month...)  It can also be stupid stuff like locking my keys in the car and having to wait to have it unlocked and stuff like that too. And that kind of stuff always seems to happen when it messes with my work schedule, makes me late and stressed. Heck, I even had someone break into my car and steal some things that were of no real value other than being vital to my job. So it's all kinds of random car related things.

I never feel like I have any feelings about the car UNTIL the problem comes.  Then it's just disbelief.

The reason I feel like the issue isn't really the cars is because if there is any real stress in my life it's my work schedule and money. (I like my jobs but one of them the pay just plain sucks, and my schedule is pretty stressful.)  And again, the car problems just magnify those issues and make them worse.  If I focused on just the car stuff I have a feeling that the stress I'm feeling would just be directed to manifesting something else. So if there is a way to tackle the root I'd rather do that.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Ok cool. Few things Id like to highlight.

So I feel like I ALREADY (on a conscious level anyway) have a feeling like I have (or SHOULD have) a reliable car.

The conscious level is such a small portion of your mental space. Also, the feeling of should have is not the same feeling as having, or even will have, or even seeing yourself having. Very different vibrationally. Looks like your subconscious mind expects car problems, simply bc you are choosing to observe those problems a bit more than exploring feeling like cars now serve you really well, and having a car is a smooth thing for you.

And that kind of stuff always seems to happen when it messes with my work schedule, makes me late and stressed. Heck, I even had someone break into my car and steal some things that were of no real value other than being vital to my job. So it's all kinds of random car related things.

Kazoo! Not random at all! The universe is letting your car be a poem bc you have bad associations with work and don't really enjoy it. It's your subconscious mind keeping you away from that nasty work situation. Might not make logical sense, but it's clear to me now that the universe had been giving you reasons to "get out" of work. And the conscious, logical you was trying to make it to work on time and responsibly, so there's this pronounced gap between what you prefer in your heart and what you think you should be doing as society has taught you.

I never feel like I have any feelings about the car UNTIL the problem comes. Then it's just disbelief.

Well, that's on a conscious level. Beneath that is an expectation that your car gives problems. It's just a cycle and it can be reversed on that level, and your car AND work circumstances turn around.

I love you
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top