» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_lcap0%What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_lcap33%What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_lcap0%What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_lcap33%What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Empty

What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Empty What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs

Post by posay Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:17 am

As an apology for being a total pest to whoever controls the forum admin and deleting yet another account (if it happens again you have my permission to just refuse/ban me Razz ), I thought I'd make this little post that I've wanted to for a while anyway.  I was going to post it in the limiting beliefs thread that's here somewhere because there's a relevant point I wanted to make about limiting beliefs but I think it's better to start fresh.  

So there is this video with a question someone posed to Neville which he answered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKL1jrbXHbw

This is the excerpt for the lazy Razz (that person would normally be me Cool )

"Do you use affirmations and denials?

Let us leave these schools of thought that use affirmations and denials.  The best affirmation, and the only effective one, is an assumption which, in itself implies denial of the former state.  The best denial is total indifference.  Things wither and die through indifference.  They are kept alive through attention.  You do not deny a thing by saying it does not exist.  Rather you put feeling into it by recognising it, and what you recognise as true is true to you, be it good, bad or indifferent."

I see a lot of people witter on about limiting beliefs and this is where the underlined quote above is relevant.  "Things wither and die through indifference"...now, this doesn't just apply to things desired but can also apply to limiting beliefs.  This is what Neville is saying, that things are kept alive through attention to them.  Think about it, the more you think about and focus on your limiting beliefs the more attention you are paying and therefore you are keeping them alive.  Why not let it wither and die?  Why waste time focusing on a limiting belief instead of what you actually desire?  I guess, to sum it up, what I'm asking is - if you believe that clearing limiting beliefs is a prerequisite to manifesting a particular desire, what is your basis for that belief?  It's a limiting belief about limiting beliefs in my eyes.

I'm of the view that when it comes to manifesting, limiting beliefs don't mean anything but the importance you attach to them. I don't just say it because I love Neville and his teachings (I really do love Neville though Razz ), but I'm actually speaking from my own experiences and I would ask others to look at their past manifestations that have happened despite limiting beliefs you have had concerning them.  I've certainly had more than my fair share.  If limiting beliefs required to be cleared before we manifested anything then we would have very little experiences.  

Now I'm not saying there is no relevance or benefit to clearing limiting beliefs, that's a totally different story - I'm purely talking about the view that limiting beliefs need to be cleared before you can manifest a particular thing, a view which I have never been a fan of, to say the least Razz

I briefly mentioned above how there was a limiting beliefs thread on here and I had a quick skim over it not too long ago and the only thing I want to pull from it that is relevant is something TheSimplifier said, which is "Like my boyfriend says, f*ck it. F*ck limiting beliefs.".  I didn't read all of that thread so I'm not entirely clear if she meant it in the same context as I do but yup, that's my attitude towards them and it's all thanks to someone over on PLOA that helped me see it (although I never gave much thought to limiting beliefs anyway).

Last edited by posay on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
posay
posay
Baron / Baroness
Baron / Baroness

Female

Back to top Go down

What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Empty Re: What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs

Post by Lotus ♥ Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:11 am

Everyone, if I may, please note: "Admin" on this forum is not a person or an entity. Admin is an automated function or instrument, much like a "Control Panel," whose only job is to receive the Moderators' orders and execute them. Admin therefore doesn't even talk let alone discuss or decide; judge anyone's behavior, suffer their manners or need their apology in compensation. Therefore, in this and all similar situations, apologies and thanks alike are due, if at all, only to the forum's Moderators who fully control this administrative panel. Also please let it be clear that I personally have absolutely nothing to do with either the Mods or their Admin instrument. Thanks anyway to Posay for her consideration.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs Empty Re: What You Recognise As True v limiting beliefs

Post by posay Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 am

Amended accordingly. Razz
posay
posay
Baron / Baroness
Baron / Baroness

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:19 am

This thread has had my lil brain cogs churning for ages now

i kinda get what you're saying that limiting beliefs dont necessarily affect a manifestation

but then i do believe they affect us in  a lot of ways and stop us moving forward in life

perhaps they may affect manifestations if they prevent us from taking action?

i know some people believe we dont need to take action, we manifest once we've aligned with things etc, but then some people also believe we get inspired to act when we're manifesting, so we could potentially screw things up there

hmmmm
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by posay Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah I see your point re: them affecting manifestations if they prevent us from taking action but I've been in a position where something I wanted really badly, but I had lots of limiting beliefs about it.  Despite that, it still manifested without me taking the initial action I had planned to, as in physical action, cos it was all done internally albeit unintentionally at the time.

I wanted to act externally because I didn't know diddly squat about LOA then, but my limiting beliefs were stopping me from taking that action and they did so for months yet what I wanted still happened.  I was inspired to act and that action led to what I wanted coming right to me but I didn't know it at the time.  It was like magic!  It just amazes me really.  I mean I'm nothing special so if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone right?!  Razz

I do agree with you though that they do affect people, hell some of mine still bother me every day but I just don't believe I need to clear any of them in order to manifest a desire which is good cos I wouldn't know where to start lol.
posay
posay
Baron / Baroness
Baron / Baroness

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:26 am

posay wrote:I guess, to sum it up, what I'm asking is - if you believe that clearing limiting beliefs is a prerequisite to manifesting a particular desire, what is your basis for that belief? It's a limiting belief about limiting beliefs in my eyes.

It's the same shit different toilet. Very Happy

EVERYONE who claims that the "LoA doesn't work for me"? "If I think this or that, would the universe think x or y"? "Do I need to clear up my limiting beliefs before starting manifestation"? blah blah blah are confirmed dabblers.

Basically, anyone who asks "questions" before doing anything, would never accomplish anything. Very Happy

Now, I'm not blaming people who do such things. All the "blame" goes to our much esteemed education system. Very Happy

There are 2 gaps in the world (apart from the gaps men are much fond of, of course). Namely, Knowledge gap and practice gap.

Think about it. If, when you were a kid and you saw a bicycle for the first time, you get all excited about it. You go and talk to your parents about the bicycle.
So what your parents do is, they go out and buy you 20 books that explain all the information there is about bicycles. You start reading them, and gain vast amount of information about bicycles.
Having done that, do you think you'd ever be able to ride a bicycle? Fuck no! You're gonna be a theory junkie and would never learn to ride it. Very Happy

But if on the other hand, your parents buy you a bicycle instead of those 20 books, how quickly do you think you'd be able ride a bicycle? A week? Two may be. But you sure as fuck are gonna learn to ride it! Very Happy

So what this shows is that, in former scenario, you're only clearing up a knowledge gap. While letting the practice gap get converted into a chasm.

What's more important, when it comes to learning, is you must focus on clearing up the practice gap and let the knowledge gap take care of itself.

The reason is, knowledge is received. It is downloaded. Downloaded from higher dimensions. You just get it somehow. There is no point pursuing knowledge. It is a gift given to you by the universe for putting things in motion. Smiley

Sadly, people misinterpret the saying "knowledge is power". We use knowledge as an excuse for not doing what we we want to do and then we have another mindblowing ability of blaming things on the external. I did this and the universe didn't do it for me. If it's true that you're the universe then who is it you're blaming? Wink

Everything, I repeat, Every fucking thing we see around have been started with an idea and having that idea followed up by the subtle (sometimes, not so subtle) thought of "I don't know how to do it".
The one who invented telephone didn't read 1000 books and attended seminar and performed meditations and "worked on themselves" to build a telephone. They just did it and on the way, they were presented with all the knowledge required to make it manifest.

Same is the case with every damn invention. It begins with an idea and with that idea you have the thought of "I don't know how".

Some people take those ideas and start with them at once. A few years later we call those people
"inventors" / "visionaries".
Then there are people who get ideas and then turn to something external and figure out it can't be done because they don't have enough knowledge. We call them "LoA followers" or heck, just "people" Razz

The inventors and visionaries know or have learned all the games of the universe. The universe only reveals the "next step". Just one step forward towards your purpose. Education system trains people to not proceed until the entire "plan" or "road" is revealed. Universe never reveals entire thing. It only reveals next step. That next step brings you bliss. It may seem illogical, impractical, bound to not work but that is how it works. We put those judgments on the workings of the universe because we don't understand ourselves and the working of the universe.

So.. The important thing is "Just start".

All of this may not seem to fit in the context of "why you shouldn't worry about limiting beliefs" but this is where the ideas like "limiting beliefs" come from.

Limiting beliefs come from fear. Fear of not knowing. Fear of uncertainty.

The root cause of this fear is the same in case of everything. "Not knowing precisely what you want".

Define your dream, Napoleon Hill said, and get a burning desire for it's achievement.

Sadly, what we do is, we think we want something and we read the fuck outta it. And never do it in our lives. That is the curse to the humanity as of now.

On the real world stand point - Getting rid of limiting beliefs was not, is not and would never be your objective. You consider "getting rid of limiting beliefs" as a means to an end.
And like many great teachers have taught us - focus on the end. Not on the means to an end.

Lionel Messi, arguably the best footballer of our time still admits that he thinks his small stature is going to limit him from becoming the greatest footballer of all time. That's a limiting belief. Where is he now? Right! Sitting at top of the world.

I don't think he ever worried about taking courses and reading books about how a short guy can be the best footballer. He just took the ball and did what wants to do. As a gift for setting things in motion, he was "gifted" with the skills.

Limiting Beliefs do not matter.
Adi
Adi
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by posay Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks Adi. Lots of interesting stuff in there I hadn't thought of, and your last sentence sums it up perfectly. Smiley
posay
posay
Baron / Baroness
Baron / Baroness

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:53 pm

The good thing with Limiting beliefs from a cognitive viewpoint i think is

they only become ingrained if you constantly focus on them... so even if you were to work on them.. from a therapy point of view.. you'd be doing things to change your cognition and start thinking differently.. so you'd still be focusing on something preferable rather than the limiting belief (yes i'm learning c.b.t this term Razz)
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Yup, what Adi wrote. They really don't matter. It's even named incorrectly in a way. Who's to decide that they are, in fact, "limiting"? It's an individual's choice in any moment whether they are deciding to go with limitation or not. There aren't pre-destined "beliefs" in our consciousness that do the "limiting". They're just thought and they don't matter unless we say hey, I have a limiting belief... then hold ourselves in torment by trying to lose them. Otherwise they're quite easy to let go. You get on the bike and choose fun instead.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Who's to decide that they are, in fact, "limiting"?

You. Your vibrational signature. All your beliefs together. Think in terms of "vibration" or more precisely "resonance." All such words as limiting, freeing, positive, negative, abundance, lack, good, bad, etc.; all are but labels that only communicate human concepts, definitions and judgments. The cosmic energy, on the other hand, doesn't exactly mean any of that, or for any particular "person" to be rich or poor, healthy or sick, happy or sad. Although intelligent, it just moves and unfolds according to its inner and holistic resonance, regardless of how we may judge or label this movement.

Therefore, a belief like "Money is evil," for example, is not in and by itself limiting. It is only so within a context, depending on your other beliefs and especially on your self-definitions. If you believe "I am a good person," for instance, the belief "Money is evil" is limiting, because your "goodness" doesn't resonate with the "evil" of the money. However, if you believe "I am a sinner" or for whatever reason have a deep sense of guilt in your unconscious, the belief "Money is evil" is not limiting in this case and you may still attract money, because your "guilt" or being a "sinner" resonates with the "evil" you believe money is. Money being evil is likely to manifest in this case, in order to afflict or punish you. (And it will do just that; ruin some or all of your life and ultimately fulfill, and reinforce, your beliefs. That is, you'll come out certain that "I am/was guilty" and that "Money is evil.")

Similarly, "I am lazy" is limiting if you desire money, so long as "Money is hard to get," but not really so if "Money is easy to get." And so on. (Please note, these are only two beliefs. Now consider hundreds.)

Thus in general, we may still manifest in spite of our "limiting" beliefs, because a belief is "limiting" only in the light of all other beliefs as well as the desire in question. Even "feeling good" is not really the secret, because in Black Magic for example, the worse, more envious, bitter and malicious the magician feels, the better. The more hatred or poison he breathes into his "work" and life in general, the more potent is his curse and the mightier are his demons. This is how such can "manifest"—through feeling rather bad not good. But New Thought or LOA teachers primarily assume that "everyone is good and sane" and that we all have "benevolent and lovely desires." Therefore in this context, and only in the context, a belief like "Money is evil," they generally teach, is definitely limiting; and "feeling good," they say, is the key or secret.

That's finally why Life hosts all those agonizing contradictions and seems to fulfill both the saint's and the devil's desires. Life simply doesn't conform to any of our human "values" and "judgments." A good man may thus end up poor and lonely; a bad one, rich and happy. Some let go and still don't manifest; others never really do and yet manifest every desire. Some have limiting beliefs but they get what they want anyway; others have spent years chasing and fixing their beliefs (one by one) and they thus still can't manifest a dime—or a kiss. Very Happy From the standpoint of Life, however, there's no contradiction whatsoever. All are rather consonant, in unison and perfect harmony. It's all about "resonance," and we each are a vortex of beliefs, a whirlpool of emotions, a very rich and dynamic structure of subtle energies constantly vibrating, unifying and harmonizing together, just like a composition of music. We are indeed music.

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top