» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_lcap33%Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_lcap33%Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Empty

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things

Post by Phantasm Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 pm

A special Halloween gift exclusively for the Moderators and rest of the Admin team:

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Halloween_914432

For everyone:

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Cco_ha13_118681x

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Halloween+Gifts

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Halloween-Gift-Basket

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 HappyHalloweenAnimatedPumpkins(1)

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Giant-Man-Creepy-Little-Girl

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Tumblr_mqer1unpYw1rf7wxzo1_500
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Zodiac : Virgo

Back to top Go down

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things

Post by President Roosevelt Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 pm

President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:34 am

I bought the shining on dvd to watch tonight

eeeeekkkkk!!!!!
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:49 am

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:23 pm

President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 am

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Friendship-quotes-List-of-top-10-best-friendship-quotes-21

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Pooh-quote-3

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Pooh

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Ff3e1d01231354cf7916e74ad3bdd388

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 B69f27bb5fd71097f6a6e35545b29eef

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:28 am

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Tumblr_m3ddp2AXgZ1rogb13o2_250

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Tumblr_m3ddp2AXgZ1rogb13o1_250

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Sandman-returns-neil-gaiman-to-complete-best-comic-series-ever-a366a84d9b

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Sandmandeath
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 E182d673a6d411afa3668ef722cd94f1

Imperious Caesar, dead and turned to clay,
Might stop a hole to keep the wind away.
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:54 am

Ah man, loved this movie. When you're tangled up just tango on.

Wow............just realized that he's a Colonel too lol.....hoo-ah! Cool

Last edited by President Roosevelt on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:30 am

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 D3ed8bf44ad4f9d7fc110ef47edd2b75
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Last edited by Phantasm on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:32 am

President Roosevelt wrote:Ah man, loved this movie. When you're tangled up just tango on.

Did I mention this is great?

President Roosevelt wrote:Wow............just realized that he's a Colonel too lol.....hoo-ah! Cool

Indeed. Razz 2
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:38 am

“I don’t want to see anyone. I lie in the bedroom with the curtains drawn and nothingness washing over me like a sluggish wave. Whatever is happening to me is my own fault. I have done something wrong, something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me. I am inadequate and stupid, without worth. I might as well be dead.”

– Margaret Atwood, Cat’s Eye

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Josef_sudek17
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 am

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 D7b0a6cde9e607576c608ffaf951b64f

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Neil-Gaiman-Sandman-quote-600x600
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 am

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Enhanced-29699-1421177391-8

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Tumblr_lyqqpqxOiu1qdpxqeo1_500
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:38 am

Alan Watts:

This is the verb to I. We’ll spell it with the letter I but instead of having it as a pronoun we will call it a verb. The universe I’s. It has I’d in me it I’s in you. Now let’s respell the word eye. When I talk about to eye, it means to look at something, to be aware of something. So we will change the spelling, and will say the universe I’s. It becomes aware of itself in each one of us, and it keeps the I’ing, and every time it I’s every one of us in whom it I’s feels that he is the center of the whole thing. I know that you feel that you are I in just the same way that I feel that I am I. We all have the same background of nothing, we don’t remember having done it before, and yet it has been done before again and again and again, not only before in time but all around us everywhere else in space is everybody, is the universe I’ing.

Let me try to make this clearer by saying it is the universe I’ing. Who is I’ing? What do you mean by I? There are two things. First, you can mean your ego, your personality. But that’s not your real I’ing, because your personality is your idea of your self, your image of yourself, and that’s made up of how you feel yourself, how you think about yourself thrown in with what all your friends and relations have told you about yourself. So your image of yourself obviously isn’t you any more than your photograph is you or any more than the image of anything is it. All our images of ourselves are nothing more than caricatures. They contain no information for most of us on how we grow our brains, how we work our nerves, how we circulate our blood, how we secrete with our glands, and how we shape our bones. That isn’t contained in the sensation of the image we call the ego, so obviously, then the ego image is not my self.

My self contains all these things that the body is doing, the circulation of the blood, the breathing, the electrical activity of the nerves, all this is me but I don’t know how it’s constructed. And yet, I do all that. It is true to say I breathe, I walk, I think, I am conscious – I don’t know how I manage to be, but I do it in the same way as I grow my hair. I must therefore locate the center of me, my I’ing, at a deeper level than my ego which is my image or idea of myself. But how deep do we go?

We can say the body is the I, but the body comes out of the rest of the universe, comes out of all this energy – so it’s the universe that’s I’ing. The universe I’s in the same way that a tree apples or that a star shines, and the center of the appling is the tree and the center of the shining is the star, and so the basic center of self of the I’ing is the eternal universe or eternal thing that has existed for ten thousand million years and will probably go on for at least that much more. We are not concerned about how long it goes on, but repeatedly it I’s, so that it seems absolutely reasonable to assume that when I die and this physical body evaporates and the whole memory system with it, then the awareness that I had before will begin all over once again, not in exactly the same way, but that of a baby being born.

Of course, there will be myriads of babies born, not only baby human beings but baby frogs, baby rabbits, baby fruit flies, baby viruses, baby bacteria –and which one of them am I going to be? Only one of them and yet every one of them, this experience comes always in the singular one at a time, but certainly one of them. Actually it doesn’t make much difference, because if I were born again as a fruit fly I would think that being a fruit fly was the normal ordinary course of events, and naturally I would think that I was an important person, a highly cultured being, because fruit flies obviously have a high culture. We don’t even know how to look at it. But probably they have all sorts of symphonies and music, and artistic performances in the way light is reflected on their wings in different ways, the way they dance in the air, and they say, “Oh, look at her, she has real style, look how the sunlight comes off her wings.” They in their world think they are as important and civilized as we do in our world. So, if I were to wake up as a fruit fly I wouldn’t feel any different than I do when I wake up as a human being. I would be used to it.

Well, you say, “It wouldn’t be me! Because if it were me again I would have to remember how I was before!” Right, but you don’t know, remember, how you were before and yet you are content enough to be the me that you are. In fact, it’s a thoroughly good arrangement in this world that we don’t remember what it was like before. Why? Because variety is the spice of life, and if we remembered, remembered, remembered having done this again and again and again we should get bored. In order to see a figure you have to have a background, in order that a memory be valuable you also have to have a forgettory. That’s why we sleep every night to refresh ourselves; we go into the unconscious so that coming back to the conscious is again a great experience.

Day after day we remember the days that have gone on before, even though there is the interval of sleep. Finally there comes a time when, if we consider what is to our true liking, we will want to forget everything that went before. Then we can have the extraordinary experience of seeing the world once again through the eyes of a baby – whatever kind of baby. Then it will be completely new and we will have all the startling wonder that a child has, all the vividness of perception which we wouldn’t have if we remembered everything forever.

The universe is a system which forgets itself and then again remembers anew so there’s always constant change and constant variety in the span of time. It also does it in the span of space by looking at itself through every different living organism, giving an all-around view.

That is a way of getting rid of prejudice, getting rid of a one-sided view. Death in that sense is a tremendous release from monotony. It puts an end to all of total forgetting in a rhythmic process of on/off, on/off so you can begin all over again and never be bored. But the point is that if you can fantasize the idea of being nothing for always and always, what you are really saying is after I’m dead the universe stops, and what I’m saying is it goes on just as it did when you were born. You may think it incredible that you have more than one life, but isn’t it incredible that you have this one? That’s astonishing! And it can always happen again and again and again!

What I am saying then is just because you don’t know how you manage to be conscious, how you manage to grow and shape your body, doesn’t mean that you’re not doing it. Equally, if you don’t know how the universe shines the stars, constellates the constellations, or galactifies the galaxies – you don’t know but that doesn’t mean that you aren’t doing it just the same way as you are breathing without knowing how you breathe.

If I say really and truly I am this whole universe, or this particular organism is an I’ing being done by the whole universe, then somebody could say to me, “Who the hell do you think you are? Are you God? Do you warm up the galaxies? Canst’ thou bind the sweet influences of the Pleiades or loosen the bonds of Orion?” And I reply, “Who the hell do you think you are! Can you tell me how you grow your brain, how you shape your eyeballs, and how you manage to see? Well, if you can’t tell me that, I can’t tell you how I warm up the galaxy. Only I’ve located the center of myself at a deeper and more universal level than we are, in our culture, accustomed to do.”

So then, if that universal energy is the real me, the real self which I’s as different organisms in different spaces or places, and happening again and again at different times, we’ve got a marvelous system going in which you can be eternally surprised. The universe is really a system which keeps on surprising itself.

Many of us have an ambition, especially in an age of technological competence, to have everything under our control. This is a false ambition because you’ve only got to think for one moment what it would be like to really know and control everything. Supposing we had a supercolossal technology which could go to our wildest dreams of technological competence so that everything that is going to happen would be foreknown, predicted, and everything would be under our control. Why, it would be like making love to a plastic woman! There would be no surprise in it, no sudden answering touch as when we touch another human being. There comes out a response, something unexpected, and that’s what we really want.

You can’t experience the feeling you call self unless it’s in contrast with the feeling of other. It’s like known and unknown, light and dark, positive and negative. Other is necessary in order for you to feel self. Isn’t that the arrangement you want? And, in the same way, couldn’t you say the arrangement you want is not to remember? Memory is always, remember, a form of control: I’ve got it in mind. I know your number, you’re under control. Eventually you want to release that control.

from here
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:47 pm

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Original

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Stephen-frys-quotes-4

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 5-73e5cb8e6098a14d8f1033ce6a933c4b

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 EmilysQuotes.Com-no-matter-people-tell-words-ideas-change-world-amazing-great-inspirational-motivational-encouraging-Robin-Williams

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 AAEAAQAAAAAAAALRAAAAJDhjNWNjMzVjLTkzOTMtNDcyNy05N2VkLTU0NzZjNDM5MjgyMQ

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 E0a0606ec3d5e583781ae1599f73c9f4

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Dont-ask-why-just-try-to-understand-the-blackness-lethargy-hopelessness-and-loneliness-they-are-quote-1

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Bookworshipline

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Book-cara-depressed-film-Favim.com-2848460

Last edited by Phantasm on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:31 am

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 Voj2P5J

Dark, Beautiful, Morbid Things - Page 7 I+Miss+You+5
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top