» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

The "others" - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%The "others" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The "others" - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%The "others" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

The "others" - Page 4 Empty

The "others"

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The "others" - Page 4 Empty Re: The "others"

Post by Phantasm Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:32 am

I don't have Snapchat. I barely use Twitter or Instagram. And these days I update my Facebook like once a month, not even. I find I tend to only update the FB in order to impress my crushes Wink
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Zodiac : Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:59 am

Lotus ♥️ wrote:Fantastic. Very Happy I guess that's "being one with the spoon" in other words. Thanks Phantasm for your post and sorry I can't write much these days. You too please take your time. I definitely agree with your philosophy, "better late than stupid." Very Happy

Glad you liked my post. Will look forward to further communications at later dates.
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:27 am

Phantasm posted: "Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon. Then you will see it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."
―Spoon Boy to Neo

This. On so many levels. This.

This, to me, is what it's all about. In three sentences. All of it. "

(how I interpret the above quote by spoon boy)

Trying to bend the spoon, a hard metal, with the mind, is impossible. Believing that the spoon is not real, it exists as a thought, a picture, in the mind, believing that, it bends easily.

All things, all that is, exist in the mind, in thought. There is no physical spoon, there is no "physical matter ". There is only, thought. Therefore, all can be manipulated by the mind. The mind changes thoughts. Thoughts can change " things ". Things are created in the mind, things can be changed in the mind. Things can be added or removed, by the mind, from the mind.

Now, the objective is to learn how to do this, which, we already have the capability to do this, each and every one of us, somewhere in our mind, we do have the ability to do so. So, my friends, how do we do it? How do we use our thoughts to change things?
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:32 pm

rodan wrote:Now, the objective is to learn how to do this, which, we already have the capability to do this, each and every one of us, somewhere in our mind, we do have the ability to do so.  So, my friends, how do we do it?  How do we use our thoughts to change things?
We always say we "project" our mind outside. The world out there is only a "mirror." All there is outside is but a "reflection" of the inside. Right? All these views, maps and metaphors imply two spheres or levels: a mind, inside, probably somewhere in the head, and a world outside, for the senses to perceive.

But what if the world is indeed the mind? I mean, literally. The world IS literally the mind. They're not two separate spheres of thought and reflection, but actually one and the same. What we call "thoughts," therefore, can be mere fleeting daydreams, but can also be stable, solidified physical objects. Both are essentially thought, and both are literally in the mind—your mind.

That's all for now. But try this perspective or model and let's draw some new conclusions, or at least re-define our reality and conditions accordingly.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 am

Lotus ♥ wrote:We always say we "project" our mind outside. The world out there is only a "mirror." All there is outside is but a "reflection" of the inside. Right? All these views, maps and metaphors imply two spheres or levels: a mind, inside, probably somewhere in the head, and a world outside, for the senses to perceive.

But what if the world is indeed the mind? I mean, literally. The world IS literally the mind. They're not two separate spheres of thought and reflection, but actually one and the same. What we call "thoughts," therefore, can be mere fleeting daydreams, but can also be stable, solidified physical objects. Both are essentially thought, and both are literally in the mind—your mind.

That's all for now. But try this perspective or model and let's draw some new conclusions, or at least re-define our reality and conditions accordingly.

We use our five physical senses to observe the world our physical mind and body are in.  I guess the question is, if we project our thoughts outside our mind, is that creating the object observed?

For example: Let's say I'm thinking of a freshly baked apple pie, so, without much more thought, I start gathering the things and ingredients I need around the house to make the pie.  My thoughts go to what I need and how to prepare it. Since I've already have made an apple pie in the past, and, I already have all the necessary ingredients, my thoughts easily bring it all together, prepare the pie, and place it into the oven. My five physical senses go to work on it.

Time.  I know, from experience, it will take 45 minutes at 350 degree oven heat, to bake the pie.

45 minutes later,  I remove the freshly baked pie from the oven and place it on a nearby table. I notice the smell of the freshly baked pie, the apples, crust, cinnamon.  As I cut the pie into sections, I feel the heat coming from the pie.  After it cools, I take a piece into a plate and taste it.  I taste the apple, crust, and cinnamon.  ( end of example )

Ok, what exactly  happened here?

First, my thought went to apple pie. Something triggered my mind to think of apple pie. The apple pie started with a thought.  I've baked and eaten apple pie before, so, the memory of apple pie, along with all of the senses that register apple pie, are stored in memory.  

In this case, I simply went through my memory, on what I needed to prepare it, how to prepare it, and, how much time I needed it make it.

Now, let's say, I want to bypass some of those, if not all of those steps to prepare it?  I don't want to look around for the ingredients, I probably don't have them, anyway, or, missing some of them, maybe I don't have an oven, or, maybe I don't want to take the time to prepare the pie?

So, instead of starting the project of making an apple pie, I sit at the table, and, think this all out.  If this apple pie first came with a " thought ", inside my mind,  and, after applying a few of my five senses to it, I then have an apple pie, would it maybe be possible to just " think " the apple pie into existence?  After all, the apple pie, started with a thought.  

Could maybe a " sixth sense ", ( maybe something else needed, too, I don't know ) be available, that can do this for me?  

One " believable " way, would be to use that sixth sense, sit and think the apple pie, go through, over and over, applying as much visual, feeling ,and emotion into it,  and, then " believe " something, or someone, will bring that apple pie by the house, and do it sometime soon.   This, is believable. ( We've all done the following.........we think about someone, wondering how that person is doing, and then a few minutes later, that person drops by the house or calls?  That ever happen to you?)

My point is, if a thought of someone can trigger that person to call or come by, why can't the thought of apple pie, cause someone " out there " to bring one by the house?  That is believable, isn't it?

So, if we can bring an apple pie into existence, with the method of thinking a friend or relative brings one by, why not go a step further, and believe it will just appear on the kitchen table, by thought?

Is this a start to how those that have made things appear out of thin air, ( Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, etc. ) Did they come to discover the way to do so, and, can this way be done by anyone?
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Another person randomly bringing me the exact thing I was wishing I had just a few hours ago has happened to me SO many times!

Imagine if somebody did work out how to manifest food out of a thin air, that's a first thing they'd cover up cause imagine how the whole business system would collapse if people started going one step further and manifesting money out of thin air, drugs, guns, diseases to revenge someone, world destroying robots Cool
Ok now I'm getting carried away, but yes, I want an apple pie now, let's see if anyone stops by to bring it Wink ... rodan I'm looking at you, since I know you went to bake one after writing about it Razz 2
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:49 am

The original state is that when you think of an apple pie, an apple pie instantly exists. Out of thin air. This is not a miracle. This is your "original" state; the "default power" of your consciousness. However, because you chose to have this dream--to be limited by a "physical" body and "physical" mind in "physical" reality--physical conditions including time, space and causality are in effect. The way back therefore is clear: Wake up! Very Happy This is an illusory dream of limitation and duality so just wake up. Those you mentioned—Jesus, Buddha, etc—were awake; aware who they really are; free even from their mind and its limitations.

Let me tell you briefly what extraordinary powers people like you and me once had. These powers include the power to materialize objects out of thin air, go invisible, get through any walls or barriers, get as tall, as huge or as small as you please, teleport, fly and float with the wind, walk on water, walk on fire, hide in the earth, "hear" what people say even if miles away, "see" what's happening behind closed doors or even in an entirely different city, know about the past or the future, understand any language even those of animals, read anyone's mind...

Behind each of these powers there is a "science" that requires "training," and once you learn the "rationale" behind a power everything becomes "reasonable." (For example to go invisible, you don't really "disappear." You just train your mind and body not to reflect light, so you necessarily become invisible. To understand any language whatsoever, you don't "intellectually interpret" the "sounds," but you rather train your mind to directly get the "meaning" behind every sound--directly from the minds of the speakers, or the animals. etc. etc.)

But listen to those who already had such powers: Patanjali, the first authority in this field, regarded these powers as "the greatest stumbling blocks in the path to truth." Sri Ramakrishna called them, "Heaps of rubbish." Buddha told his disciples very definitely never to seek miracles but to seek and find truth in the eternal principles. And Jesus spoke sharply against those who "seek for a sign."

How could such stunning powers lose their appeal—to the extent that someone found them "heaps of rubbish"? Simply because the very desire to have such powers derives from the illusory limitation of the dream and are valuable only within this dream. But those men were indeed awake; truly and completely free of the dream and its illusions. (And they therefore had the powers--catch 22, in other words).

Or, as Jesus put it all in one simple word: Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. How true! How simple! How beautiful! Smiley

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:55 am

lunareclipse wrote:
Imagine if somebody did work out how to manifest food out of a thin air, that's a first thing they'd cover up cause imagine how the whole business system would collapse if people started going one step further and manifesting money out of thin air, drugs, guns, diseases to revenge someone, world destroying robots Cool 
Brilliant! That's why the "knowledge" had to be hidden by all means from the masses. We'd simply destroy our world and ourselves if we happened to have access to such tremendous powers latent in each and every one of us. Although the world is run by an evil cabal (truly and completely evil; more evil than most people can possibly imagine), the top authority is still, and is always, in the invisible hands of the Children of Light, the true guardians of the human race (with all due respect to the Conspiracy Theorists who insist not to see beyond the evil elite or explore any further).

So it's up to us and to the level of our human consciousness as a whole—the reason some sects in Buddhism don't even recognize "individual" salvation or "enlightenment" so long as individual. They "vow" not to be liberated or out of the matrix alone; their true liberation is only when the entire race is awake and liberated. ♥️

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:30 am

So you believe it IS possible to manifest material objects out of thin air? Very Happy Have you ever tried?
But hmmm... thinking of "something from nothing" and the laws of energy, it brings me back to Jesus and feeding 5000 men. He did NOT create from thin air.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

So he needed a seed to multiply from? Then Rodan, maybe if you have one slice of pie left, you can multiply it to be full again? Very Happy
By the way I always try to read the Bible between the lines, so a part of me thinks that maybe "he looked up to heaven" since it doesn't say sky (and yes I know there are lost in translation sort of differences) instead of being so literal, it means he adjusted his ummm... vibration to the one of God, as there would be a certain mode to switch to (look up to heaven), then felt the vibration of gratitude and having plenty and then he could do it? Sorry, maybe I'm not making much sense very sad

I wanted to say more about the Buddhist monks and souls mass exodus after accomplishing something, but I've given you way too much to answer to already and I opened a new topic for the evil conspiracy theory stuff Cool
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Having a piece of apple pie right now does sound pretty good, doesn't it, Lunar?  Smile

The feeding of 5,000 from a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish, was truly an astonishing manifestation!  Not to mention raising Lazarus from the dead!  

When I think of what has been written, and preserved, it sometimes makes me wonder what wonderful stories were written down, only to be destroyed by those that did not want us to have this knowledge!   Many scrolls, books were destroyed by invading armies, opposing religious sects.

Manifesting things out of thin air, Lotus mentioned we ( I'm assuming as physical human beings, and, correct me, Lotus, if that's not what you meant) had the ability at one time.  Maybe that was back in the time of Atlantis?  Ten, twelve, fifteen ( or more ) thousand years ago?

Anyway, look at what the human race can do, today, September 19th, 2015.  And, compare that to what we could only do, say, two or three hundred years ago.  

If I wanted to meet with lunar, two hundred years ago, it would take us months to get together to do so.

Today, we can do it in a few hours. Actually, if we could do so in just a few seconds, by internet or telephone.  Think about that.

At this rate,  in just a few more years, I could have the ability to teleport, a freshly baked apple pie, to lunar's house, in just a few seconds?

I think it's conceivable. You ready for that, lunar?   Surprised
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:41 pm

So you believe it IS possible to manifest material objects out of thin air?
I don't believe I'm certain this is possible.

Have you ever tried?
No. In the few free minutes left I study and practice for an entirely different type of skill, or power (namely healing), and even this I'm not willing to use or practice on any large scale.

But hmmm... thinking of "something from nothing"
There is no "something." It's all nothing. You see a tree in your dream, where did this tree come from? Was this "something from nothing"? Now let's consider the world. Let's get back to Rodan's apple pie: Baking or even eating an apple pie, why are you so sure there is an apple pie really if all you have are only your own "sensations" of it? You see, hear, taste, smell and feel, but these are only sensations in your brain, right? You have no proof whatsoever that an apple pie (or a world at large) exists outside you. You however "assume" there is a world out there. But you can equally assume it's just a dream. This is what I (and others) claim. You're just dreaming all of this.

… and the laws of energy

You're not listening, Lunar. MATTER ITSELF IS AN ILLUSION, ma'am. The 7,000 tons of iron in the Eiffel Tower are but a "projection." The whole Empire State is only a "hologram." The entire galaxy exists only in your mind—all being constantly "transmitted," blinking in and out of existence at a rate of more than... what? Billions of frames per second.

It brings me back to Jesus and feeding 5000 men. He did NOT create from thin air. So he needed a seed to multiply from?
I'm afraid I don't think so. Smiley No, this might only serve some religious purposes or indirectly enforce such concepts as "blessing" and "multiplying." But Jesus, if a historical Jesus ever existed at all, was able to fill the entire valley with loaves in literally a blink of an eye. Much less educated villagers performed such feats.

(Please read about "Tia" of Indonesia, and many others, in Talbot's classic The Holographic Universe: "... But Watson witnessed one of Tia's most awesome displays when he accidentally stumbled upon her talking with a little girl in a shady grove of kenari trees. Even at a distance, Watson could tell from Tia's gestures that she was trying to communicate something important to the child. Although he could not hear their conversation, he could tell from her air of frustration that she was not succeeding. Finally, she appeared to get an idea and started an eerie dance.

Entranced, Watson continued to watch as she gestured toward the trees, and although she scarcely seemed to move, there was something hypnotic about her subtle gesticulations. Then she did something that both shocked and dismayed Watson. She caused the entire grove of trees suddenly to blink out of existence. As Watson states, "One moment Tia danced in a grove of shady kenari; the next she was standing alone in the hard, bright light of the sun." A few seconds later she caused the grove to reappear, and from the way the little girl leapt to her feet and rushed around touching the trees, Watson was certain that she had shared the experience also. But Tia was not finished. She caused the grove to blink on and off several times as both she and the little girl linked hands, dancing and giggling at the wonder of it all. Watson simply walked away, his head reeling."

So what "seed," ma'am? Couldn't Jesus back then just "change the scene" too and literally "project" a valley full of loaves?) Very Happy

By the way I always try to read the Bible between the lines, so a part of me thinks that maybe "he looked up to heaven" since it doesn't say sky (and yes I know there are lost in translation sort of differences) instead of being so literal, it means he adjusted his ummm... vibration to the one of God, as there would be a certain mode to switch to (look up to heaven), then felt the vibration of gratitude and having plenty and then he could do it? Sorry, maybe I'm not making much sense
On the contrary, this is yet another brilliant observation. Actually it's even "Kabalistic," similar to those interpretations Neville used to provide. (Neville's main project, by the way, was to build a "Christian Kabbalah," following the "Jewish Kabbalah" principles and methodology). So that was truly brilliant and it could lay the basis for a whole new "reading" of the Bible. (You just need to first learn Greek and Hebrew though). Very Happy

I wanted to say more about the Buddhist monks and souls mass exodus after accomplishing something, but I've given you way too much to answer to already and I opened a new topic for the evil conspiracy theory stuff.
Thank you; it's a pleasure to share in these threads and to write to you and all friends here. The problem is, I'm already away these two weeks. I was back only for the recent birthdays, and meanwhile my last wave of posts was actually meant as a reservoir to cover the next few silent days.

So please kindly excuse me for some time; and thanks for both the Conspiracy thread and also the recent reply in Permanently Lucid—both are very rich and thought-provoking, and to both I'll definitely be back. The President also sent some very profound and excellent ideas on the Conspiracy, so thanks to him for this valuable sharing and for his continual contribution. (I only wish he'd please consider dividing his long posts into smaller paragraphs, instead of those "blocks of grey" that only tire the eye and make reading harder).

Take care my friend(s) and see you soon.

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Lotus ♥️ wrote: (I only wish he'd please consider dividing his long posts into smaller paragraphs, instead of those "blocks of grey" that only tire the eye and make reading harder).

lol That's me trolling you Lotus. You got to take the good with the bad. Razz 2
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Good stuff guys!

This all got me thinking right away of the story of Adam and Eve eating from the Tree of Knowledge and being banished from Eden. Also, the story of the Tower of Babel where God intentionally impeded human progress by creating the different languages and spreading humankind out geographically and how those two stories tie into what is being discussed...

It seems that God/the Higher Power/Creator whatever you identify with had intentionally wanted to keep humans "in the dark" about certain things and then created obstacles for us to overcome before we advanced too quickly?

There may be other Bible stories that tie into this theme that just aren't coming to mind...

Rodan, I completely agree with what you are saying. The progress that humankind has made in just the last century for example is really remarkable. That's why I'd never say anything is "impossible" because there are a ton of things that not too long ago were thought to be impossible but are now quite ordinary.

Perhaps it's a timing issue or something and the Creator has recently let humankind be "unleashed" and is no longer hindering our progress and our access to this kind of knowledge? Interesting stuff to ponder.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:49 am

Apple pie does sound good Rodan and I'm ready to receive it! Perhaps I should eat half and send it back as a proof? I'm sure 200 years from now Scotty can just beam you up and straight to my kitchen with that pie in a fraction of a second Wink
Actually my mind already went wild with the idea of how a legit teleportation device would change the world. First they'd start with objects such as pies Wink then after sending a few Laikas forth and back, if they did learn to teleport people, they would open up sort of an airport where you'd go into a cabinet that transports you to any other matching cabinet in another "airport", eventually you could probably teleport yourself from your own bedroom to any location. Then they would put people on ships that get beamed from point a to point b. In fact that's how Bashar says they travel "We don't travel from star to star, we are simply here and the we're simply there".
As soon as we'll be beaming those spaceships from London to Chicago, we'll be venturing further and further from our planet until ta-dah--- we will be someone else's 'aliens'.
Surely one day we'll learn to do it with the power of our minds alone, but I believe technology will get there first.

I can already imagine the complaints the customer service will be getting.
"I ordered to be beamed to Hawaii, but my luggage went to Ganymede and I ended up in Pluto?! Do I get a refund?"
"I was being beamed and when I came out the other end, I noticed I had a lower half of a black man" (although I have a feeling the upper part of that black man will be complaining a bit more Wink )

Until then, I propose that the next time we have a lucid dream we attempt to conjure up a realistic looking and tasting apple pie Wink That's half way there to dream sharing and real life thin air manifesting.

Lotus may I ask if you know that it can be done, why would you not try to use it then? I'm sure you have your reasons, but honestly- What good is a theory without practice, it is but a fairy tail that can not be used then. If I say that yes, apple pies can be manifested from a thin air because a Buddhist Monk in a cave did it once, then it might as well be impossible, wouldn't matter- because it would never affect MY life.
That comes back to the difference in beliefs "what is possible?" and "what is possible for ME?".

Kazoo, maybe it wasn't God that wanted things hidden from us? Maybe it was power hungry people that just said they'll change the Bible to what benefits them, so that they can scare the people into listening to them- they are the ones that have the connection to God and unless you listen to what they say, you burn in hell for all eternity. After all they do say that reincarnation was removed from the Bible so that people would think less and obey more. Back those days there was no media and people believed what the man with the Bible said. They were born knowing this IS the law and they never learned from anything else.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:58 am

I have no brain left at the moment lol. But this thread keeps making me think of

The "others" - Page 4 Carl-sagan-scientist-quote-in-order-to-make-an-apple-pie-from-scratch

Also, for you wifey:

The "others" - Page 4 Exps150748_TH2379798C02_23_2b_WEB

Have a piece of universe. And eat it with a spoon. applause2
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:01 am

Does anyone know much about the Dead Sea Scrolls?
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:59 am

kazoo wrote:Good stuff guys!

This all got me thinking right away of the story of Adam and Eve eating from the Tree of Knowledge and being banished from  Eden.  Also, the story of the Tower of Babel where God intentionally impeded human progress by creating the different languages and spreading humankind out geographically and how those two stories tie into what is being discussed...

It seems that God/the Higher Power/Creator whatever you identify with had intentionally wanted to keep humans "in the dark" about certain things and then created obstacles for us to overcome before we advanced too quickly?

There may be other Bible stories that tie into this theme that just aren't coming to mind...

Rodan, I completely agree with what you are saying.  The progress that humankind has made in just the last century for example is really remarkable.  That's why I'd never say anything is "impossible" because there are a ton of things that not too long ago were thought to be impossible but are now quite ordinary.

Perhaps it's a timing issue or something and the Creator has recently let humankind be "unleashed" and is no longer hindering our progress and our access to this kind of knowledge?  Interesting stuff to ponder.

These bible stories, among some others, sometimes make me wonder which " God " is which? Who's the God of this " earth planet ", which we humans call home,

The Garden of Eden story: I take this story as when humans were first " created ", they didn't have to do anything to get food. ( they all ran around naked so, they didn't need to make or buy clothes Wink Ok, I'm kidding! )

The God that created them, provided everything for them, without working for their needs. That's why it was called Paradise. Now, this Garden of Eden must have been an experiment in progress, as, they were told they could freely eat from any tree in the Garden, except for one......." The tree of knowledge of good and evil ".
Now, immediately I think there must have been all kind of " trees " of what ever you want to learn or do. However, just don't eat of that tree that will give you knowledge of good or evil. Everything else is a go.

Well, we know what happened. The " serpent ", persuaded the humans to eat of the this tree, and, their eyes were opened. When God found out, he drove them from the Garden ( paradise ), and put an angel ( angels) at the gate to the garden, to keep them from getting back in.

Now, humans would have to work for their food and clothing, shelter.

Things come to mind. Who was this " serpent " ,anyway, and, why did he persuade humans to eat of that fruit, they were forbidden to eat? For that matter, why did God even put limits on that tree, or, even have it in the Garden? Lot's of questions to ask.

It must have been an experiment of some sort, from God, but, then, which God?

Who was the God of the Earth, at that time? The same one as today? Could the " serpent " have been a different " God ", one that had rule over the Earth, ( except for the " Garden of Eden " . And, the new, incoming God, with his " humans ", that he made and put in that Garden. Yet, the God of the whole earth, has access to the Garden?

Now, let's go to the Tower of Babel story. An excerpt from Genesis 11, from the Bible.
" But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

Looks like " The Lord " didn't approve of what humans were doing, building this tower. But wait. There's more to it. The Lord, ( and the " us " whomever they are ) only saw this tower being build, as a beginning to something that could lead to where the Lord and those with him, didn't approve of.

" ....nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. "

So, " the Lord ", and his companions, ( the " us " in that Genesis 11 verse ) confused the language of mankind, so they could not make great progress on the earth? That's how I take it.

Ok, now fast forward to modern times, today.

As Lunar and I recently mentioned in this thread, ( maybe some others in here, too ), look at the progress mankind had made in the last couple of hundred years!

What do you think " the Lord " from the Tower of Babel story, would think of the internet, the world wide web? If he and his companions didn't like humans all speaking the same language, what about the internet, the web? What about smart phones? What about flying in jet airplanes? Rockets to the moon, and beyond? What about nuclear energy, nuclear bombs?

I have to stop where I'm at now, as I can already see what I've posted in the reply should actually go into that new ' Conspiracy Theory " thread. scratch

rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Ha, all of these topics are so connected it's hard to know where they all belong...this might be better in the "limiting beliefs" topic because it really is only those beliefs that have limited us.

Lunar, you're right. The Bible is said to be the word of God but it was written by men. Of course the content reflects what men wanted to convey, but it's interesting to consider why the stories have been recorded as they were. Whether it's God or earlier men, there definitely was a desire to keep us limited in our beliefs and thinking and knowledge.

I wish I could add more but I just had a minute to drop in...keep the conversation going!

kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:13 pm

My grandfather was an atheist and used to study the Bible from that point of view. He told us that Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil meant they had sex. Up until that point they were pure and the moment they turned to carnal pleasures, they got addicted to it and turned away from the spiritual side. They weren't really thrown out of the paradise rather than they lost that purity in vibration.

It's like that movie Blue Lagoon where the 2 kids get shipwrecked on a paradise island and grow up all good and jolly until they get older and start having sex, after which they start fighting and the boy hits her with a rock or coconut and knocks her out. Kinda Cain and Abel moment there too.

It ties together with what CR said about sacral chakra being the creation chakra
President Roosevelt wrote:
I remember reading from a Joseph Campbell (a mythologist who likes to say "Follow your bliss") about how the sacral chakra is connected to the third-eye chakra. When I connected this to modern day, New Age influenced interpretations of the the chakras, it's interesting.

The sacral chakra is all about pleasure and self-worth, about feeling good, emotions, and it's also called the "manifestation chakra". Joseph Campbell wrote that the energies of this chakra can be directed upwards to fuel the third eye chakra, which is written to be "where we see God". I guess the third-eye is the intuition and visualization chakra.

Even more curious is how Napoleon Hill connected the idea of sexual desire with increased intuition in The Mystery of Sex Transmutation chapter in Think and Grow Rich. Basically, my idea behind all of this is that our feelings of pleasure, passion, self-worth, and deservability power up the manifestation process, our visualizations just give them direction. I dunno....
and what I said here--
https://lecafe.forumotion.com/t164-manifesting-and-chakra-points#2849

Obviously I don't know if my grandfather was right, I'm just pointing out the curious synchronicity of the sexual energy being related to the manifestation energy and it being channeled in a carnal manner vs the third eye, deliberate manifestation way.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:43 pm

Phantasm wrote:
So let's call ourselves strips of consciousness, whatever, flowers even, I don't care. Very Happy

Behind every phantasm is a flower, and a very high-maintenance one.  Razz 2

"The stars are beautiful, because of a flower that cannot be seen."
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:14 am

The "others" - Page 4 Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_c989nz70y800kk8k4cocccwso_640

You can call me a flower if you want to.
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:40 am

You're the driest flower I've ever met.

The "others" - Page 4 Dead_flower_by_ninsight-d301wab
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:48 am

No wonder I'm always so thirsty. Cool 

The "others" - Page 4 Image15
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:31 am

Hehehe... but we're all flowers, including you PR. Razz

The "others" - Page 4 Tumblr_llzp7qhxn01qhfc59o1_500

Just as, in all seriousness, we are all each other, I'm Phanty and PR is Lunar and Lotus is Night and Armine is Kazoo...          we are all one, one consciousness, all of us are me, I'm all of you. I've probably posted this video before, but I think given our recent discussions it bears reposting.

In other words we all know very well that after people die, other people are born, and they're all you, but you can only experience it one at a time. Everybody is I, you all know you're you. And where ever beings exist throughout all galaxies, you are all of them. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Phantasm wrote:Does anyone know much about the Dead Sea Scrolls?
I don't know a lot about them, but coincidently when at a recent spiritual workshop was given a book about them lol
That happens so often that people just give me books on subjects then, it "pops" up elsewhere.
I'll let you know when I've read it Wink
Willow
Willow
Baron / Baroness
Baron / Baroness

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next