» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Empty

Chipping away at hardened thought habits

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Empty Re: Chipping away at hardened thought habits

Post by Freya Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:36 am

Dickens Model?

Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 MTE5NDg0MDU0OTQ0OTc0MzUx

Wink

Is this from psychology Nighty? Or LOA stuff? I need to look into this...
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Chipping away at hardened thought habits - Page 2 Empty Re: Chipping away at hardened thought habits

Post by Night Eyes Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 am

Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:41 am

Oh wow, it really is named after Dickens...so interesting...

Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:21 am

Freya wrote:I'm still working on my procrastination habit lol. Though I do believe some things can melt really quickly, in a moment, if you *believe* you can change that quickly. Maybe I should challenge myself on something and then post a success story...

What about chipping away at limiting beliefs? Anyone have any tips? Smiley

http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/tgr/tgr13.htm

You can try this: think about something that makes you feel lots of love and happiness. And as your state of mind is filled with that feeling, switch you thoughts and start thinking about yourself having accomplished your work. I did this once to help me study for an exam. I thought about love/sex for 5 minutes, got horny, and then switched my thoughts from sex to just thinking about acing my exam. And I studied like crazy that night, my focus was so good, my energy was vibrant, and ideas (intuition) just flowed easily, it was uncanny. I got extra credit and over 100% on that test too.
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:27 am

President Roosevelt wrote:
Freya wrote:I'm still working on my procrastination habit lol. Though I do believe some things can melt really quickly, in a moment, if you *believe* you can change that quickly. Maybe I should challenge myself on something and then post a success story...

What about chipping away at limiting beliefs? Anyone have any tips? Smiley

http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/tgr/tgr13.htm

You can try this: think about something that makes you feel lots of love and happiness. And as your state of mind is filled with that feeling, switch you thoughts and start thinking about yourself having accomplished your work. I did this once to help me study for an exam. I thought about love/sex for 5 minutes, got horny, and then switched my thoughts from sex to just thinking about acing my exam. And I studied like crazy that night, my focus was so good, my energy was vibrant, and ideas (intuition) just flowed easily, it was uncanny. I got extra credit and over 100% on that test too.

Oh Pressie, I love you. alien

(In case it isn't clear from the above: that was amazing. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven )
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Haha, I'm glad I was drawn to this thread because I'm a major procrastinator.

Lol at PR's "method". (Not surprised that you overcome procrastination by thinking of sex...) Thanks for the link tho! I'll read it at some point when I'm not procrastinating!
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Ha, that's just what I as watching a couple days ago, kinda similar to your story Pressie
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:39 pm

It takes lots of self-discipline though, thinking of sex can lead to other things....and then nothing gets done lol

Ironically, nothing seems to inspire me more than jealousy/anger or the need to prove that I'm better. It always wakes me up and gets me going.  Twisted Evil

The video above is similar to Neville Goddard's assume the feeling of the wish fulfilled, except you're feeling positive emotions as a stimulant to get going, with the added benefit of trusting that the ideas your getting is all part of the process to ultimate accomplishment, which leaves little room for self-destructive criticism.
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 pm

I  think it's a great technique for getting over fears and phobias too. Say social anxiety or driving phobia. When you think how good it would feel if you were confident and happy talking to people or driving, you will realize how much more freedom it would give you and how much it's holding you back in life to hide away and spend your days distracting yourself with internet, tv or games, not really living your life fully, kinda even hiding your head in the sand from yourself because you are secretly too afraid to face that phobia.

So summoning up a feeling of how great it would feel to tell others you don't have the phobia anymore, the sense of relief and accomplishment, counting up all the benefits, things you could do without fears, places you could go- that really helps and gets you motivated.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Simplifier Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Unlike popular assumption, procrastination is not about laziness, or being too busy, or even avoidance. It means you are not lined up with the outcomes which would follow actually doing the thing. When you are vibrationally or subconsciously aligned with the outcome, then the urge to perform the task leads to the task being done no matter what.

You know how sometimes you'll be in the middle of something then you get this strong natural urge to do something that you naturally immediately get up and do it? You may or may not know in that moment why that was significant, but it's because that action was tied to some outcome that you were aligned with. Many times we're not conscious of what that was, but it doesnt really matter. Paying closer attention to our urges gets us better acquainted with what our subconscious mind is lined up with.
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Thank you Armine Smiley That is so interesting, cause I have lately made lists on things I am procrastinating on and going through them daily ticking some stuff off here and there and feeling better. Strangest thing I noticed is that the things that remained untouched, or the things I kept avoiding for some reason were actually things I liked the most, things that would actually make me feel good while doing it, such as finishing off my architecture portfolio or getting to know my camera better so that I could take more interesting finer quality photos or meditating.
It could not have been laziness cause I had happily chewed my way through the more boring things that I didn't really enjoy doing, such as fixing some stuff around the house and backing up some documents or going over the Florida driver's manual again  Rolling Eyes  

Also, I found an interesting article on changing negative thought patterns yesterday.
http://upliftconnect.com/change-our-self-limiting-programs/
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:29 pm

kazoo wrote:Haha, I'm glad I was drawn to this thread because I'm a major procrastinator.

Lol at PR's "method".  (Not surprised that you overcome procrastination by thinking of sex...)  Thanks for the link tho!  I'll read it at some point when I'm not procrastinating!

I always thought that there's more to sexual energy than we realize....I got the idea from Think and Grow Rich although I may have misunderstood what Napoleon Hill was trying to say. See links:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/tgr/tgr16.htm

http://www.wilywalnut.com/sexgenius.html

And Abe-Hicks has an interesting video about it:

I think Abraham is saying that the experience of sex/sexual desire is focused desire combined with allowing or feel good feelings. To me, I always thought that since sex, sexual and love fantasies, and sexual desire feel so good and awakens my drive to get out there, it's a good stimulant to relax the mind and let inspiration in that can take me to where I want to go. Associating sexual/love feelings with a goal we have can rev up all of our engines to get it done and helps me associate the final outcome with good feelings. The corollary to this is probably that we don't need sexual feelings to manifest what we want, but focus and feeling so good about our desire can open doors like it tends to do in sex/relationships. It reminds me of this girl I had a crush on in high school. Sure, I had hardened thought habits like I'm not attractive enough, she likes someone else, etc., but when I focused on her and felt so good about it, ideas just came to me and I had to impress her, tell her what I feel, go after her, to hell with all the limiting beliefs. Hey, it worked  Cool.

The Simplifier wrote:Unlike popular assumption, procrastination is not about laziness, or being too busy, or even avoidance. It means you are not lined up with the outcomes which would follow actually doing the thing. When you are vibrationally or subconsciously aligned with the outcome, then the urge to perform the task leads to the task being done no matter what.

That's a very interesting point Simplifier. It reminds me of when I had to finish my first draft of a paper before Easter break. Usually, I'm on top of these things and I've almost always excelled when it came to writing papers, especially about economics and government policy which is what this paper is about. But for the life of me, I just couldn't write anything at all. On the afternoon before it was due, it was like every fiber of my being wanted me to walk away and be lazy. The ideas were in my mind but the words weren't flowing onto the computer screen. I said to hell with the first draft, only the final draft counts anyway, I'll just skip this and turn the final one in. Seemed like a big risk, but I didn't even care. Exactly five minutes later, my professor sends us an email saying that she's giving us a week's extension (which I also prayed for). I still procrastinated on the first draft, but I got it done nicely the night before it was due anyway. My ideas and words flowed smoothly that evening. But it's funny how sometimes I think I'm lazy but later on I learn that something bigger is at work guiding me in mysterious ways and I just didn't realize it because I was too fixated on "This is how each step should be" instead of trusting the journey and the outcome.
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum