» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_lcap0%The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_lcap33%The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_lcap0%The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_lcap33%The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Empty

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Empty The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for

Post by Zorba Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Was not an introduction though; just a very short, one-paragraph preface. But hey, this is Dr. Albert Einstein we're talking about here. :D Anyway this is not the point. The point is the subject of the book. Guess what? It was a book on the transmission of thoughts, or telepathy--namely, Mental Radio by Upton Sinclair.

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Mental10

So yes, although most New Age quotes attributed to this genius on the web are false, he was obviously into this stuff, as rightly hinted in The Secret, and this is just one proof. (Another, for example, is his long and interesting "affair" with Dr. Wilhelm Reich, as the latter called it.)

Anyway, this is the short preface Einstein wrote for Mental Radio:

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Einste10
Zorba
Zorba
Baron / Baroness
Baron / Baroness

Male

Back to top Go down

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Empty Re: The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for

Post by kazoo Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Interesting!  Thanks for sharing, Z!

I was not previously familiar with this particular work but I just did some quick research on it.  (Wikipedia, for what that's worth...)

Apparently the book was poorly received by some critics, which is not surprising.  I would think that most of these types of ideas are even now dismissed by a good number of so called "experts" and "intellectuals" probably because the idea of telepathy in general can have some pretty scary implications that perhaps we are not ready for.

I'm not so sure why there would be reluctance to acknowledge that telepathy does exist.  Of course it does.  Even cynics have to admit that simple things like finishing your partner's sentence or saying the same thing at the same time as a friend or thinking of someone randomly and then having  them call you out of the blue are all forms of telepathy, however mild.  

The experiments were performed with Sinclair's wife and her brother.  So it's not unthinkable that siblings would have such a connection.  I know, especially when we were younger and spent more time together my brother and I could have produced similar results.  

Fault was found in the fact that the results were not replicated when performed under more controlled circumstances.  That's not surprising to me.  Without more details of the differences in the controlled environment, it wouldn't be hard to understand that she would have a different telepathic connection with someone other than her brother (if he wasn't involved in the controlled experiments) and/or having someone other than her husband conducting the experiment could definitely affect her comfort level and her ability to connect.

I think the reluctance to explore this idea by the mainstream is again, the larger implications.  If telepathy exists as the simple examples I cited above demonstrate, of course the potential is there to intentionally use and enhance that ability. However, no one likes the idea of "mind control" or having someone else being able to influence their thoughts or "read their mind."  There are definitely ethical considerations involved.

The book definitely sounds interesting.  I don't think anyone here needs convincing, of course.  I think for us it's not so much needing proof that we all innately posses telepathic powers or the power of "unconscious hypnotic influence" but rather how do we enhance and harness that ability -to be used ethically and for good of course!

(I know most of us probably already have some ideas about it, I'm just asking the question to get the conversation started!)
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for Empty Re: The Only Book Einstein Wrote an Introduction for

Post by The Simplifier Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:04 am

Hi kazoo,

I think your assumptions are spot on... all the conditions of the 'tests' having an effect on results and also the reluctance for even intellectuals to reject the validity of telepathy.

Regarding your question, maybe I can help. One of my courses from the past year was focused on telepathy. I'll try to cover the basic outline of the material. You'll likely find it is similar to other metaphysical exercises- like that song says: "You can't have one without the other".

 BY THINKING POSITIVELY EACH DAY, the energies of your mind will be better attuned to cosmic telepathy because the cosmic mind, being ABSOLUTE in its power and creativity, can be described as the absolute positive thinker.
 GOING INTO DEEP MEDITATION EACH DAY for the purpose of being a greater part of the oneness of the cosmic mind, lifts one’s consciousness to one degree or another to its PRESENCE, and thus, attunes one further to its PRESENCE.
 AFFIRMING SPIRITUALLY BASED SUGGESTIONS TO YOURSELF EACH DAY adds power to an idea cause as it enters your subconscious mind, and through it, the PRESENCE of the CREATIVE POWER of UNIVERSAL or COSMIC MIND.
 PRAYER TREATMENTS GIVEN DAILY create a mental atmosphere for the cosmic mind to communicate telepathically with one’s conscious mind, with creative ideas and direction in life.
 ALWAYS BE AWARE THAT YOUR EVERY THOUGHT BECOMES PART OF THE COSMIC MIND which sets into motion certain laws that will eventually materialize your thoughts. Guarding your thoughts is, in truth, guarding and controlling your life.
 WORK CONSTANTLY ON BUILDING A SELF-IMAGE OF ONENESS between your personal mind and self with the cosmic mind of GOD and your TRUE SELF. This inner oneness gives cosmic God-Mind Power to your every thought involving success and happiness.

So, the above outlines how to tap in to the Universal Mind. Since the Universal Mind is the One Mind, it is there that we project and receive thoughts and ideas telepathically. It's like a big resource where we can access all things. Telepathy does not necessarily mean it has to be to and from a specific person. It can be, but telepathy covers the transmission of thoughts and energy on a much broader scale as well. This can lead us to ask, why must we insist that we receive from the specific person... when it can be important to understand that the basis of telepathy is to send to whomever is calling for it and to receive whatever we are asking for. It's like a Universal bank. As long as we can each access and deposit what is needed, then it is perfect.

I love you
The Simplifier
The Simplifier

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

Thanks for that Armine!

I think a lot of us already do some of those practices already but perhaps not with the specific intention of increasing telepathic powers.

I do think that most people would become interested in telepathy because they do want to transmit thoughts to and influence a specific person.  As we saw at the other place developing and using this ability to influence a potential romantic partner was a big part of the discussions there.  And who wouldn't want to be able to influence a job interviewer or boss to get a job or a raise?

I was especially interested in the fact that the tests were done with a set of siblings.  I think a sibling, even more so than even a life partner, a lot of times could be the best person to test this out.  We of course share genetics and the same upbringing with our siblings and I think our relationships with them can be the most influential in our lives.  A lot of times even more so than our parents.  But of course not everyone has siblings nor are they necessarily always close.  But for example there are stories of twins who are separated and raised apart from one another a lot of times still end up following similar paths in life etc., they still have that connection.  It's really interesting to think about!
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 am

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.... but do you think this applies to situations such as knowing when the phone is going to ring and who it is?

i always know when a certain friend is about to ring me as i'll start thinking about her a few seconds before.
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:22 am

I definitely think that counts! I think we all experience those types of things but we don't necessarily think about it too much or just write it off as a fun coincidence.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 am

yeah definitely.. you're just like 'oh thats odd'

i've always been good at telling what kind of mood someone's in without them talking or doing anything but i've always attributed that to being 'felt sense'
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie-Mara Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:51 am

Me too Night Eyes Smiley I'm usually able to pick up on someone's mood without them saying or doing anything, it's like a charge in the air or something - for example, if someone's angry, you can feel that kind of negative charge around them.

Don't know if that's relevant to what you guys are discussing, it just struck me there that it's amazing what we can pick up on without consciously having to think about it. Smiley The same with someone who is happy or excited. You get that excited vibe off them and it's contagious Very Happy

Just some thoughts Wink
Pixie-Mara
Pixie-Mara
Sir / Lady
Sir / Lady

Female

Zodiac : Taurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top