» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

All will be well Vote_lcap0%All will be well Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
All will be well Vote_lcap33%All will be well Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

All will be well Empty

All will be well

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All will be well Empty All will be well

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:25 pm

THE WOODEN SWORD

A Hebrew parable on the power of unshakeable faith

There was once a King who desired to know the lives of the common people of his land, but he knew that if he was to truly find out he must disguise himself and walk among them. One evening he left his castle dressed in the clothes of a beggar and walked into the city. He wound his way through the narrow streets until he came to a small house and from within he heard to sound of a man singing an accompaniment to the tap, tap, tap of a hammer. The king was perplexed at why anyone working late at night would be happy enough to be singing.

He knocked on the door and it was opened by a cobbler, who took one look at the beggar at his door and ushered him inside.
‘Come friend,’ he said, ‘a guest is always welcome to share my bread and fire.’
The beggar king sat down at the cobbler’s table and saw that he was just finishing resoling a pair of boots.

‘I cannot help but wonder why a poor shoe mender like yourself is singing as he works into the night,’ he said.

The cobbler smiled and brought a loaf of bread and jug of water to the table.
‘Because, my friend, today my work brought me enough money to buy a large loaf of bread for my evening meal, and I can share it with you,’ he said, and tore off a large hunk and passed it to the beggar king.

‘But what if you have no work tomorrow?’ asked the King, ‘you won’t have anything to sing about then.’

‘I have faith,’ said the cobbler, ‘tomorrow all will be well.’
After leaving the cobbler’s company the King was angry. He could not understand such a naive belief and was determined to challenge it.
The following morning he issued a proclamation that all cobblers must cease work immediately. No shoes were to be repaired or made.
When the cobbler went to get water from the well at dawn, he saw the King’s proclamation pasted up on the walls, banning him from work. He waited in line at the well and pondered on what he would do for the day. While standing there an elderly woman slipped with her bucket and spilt the water she had just filled. The cobbler immediately helped her up and then refilled her bucket. She thanked him and handed him a coin. The rest of the day he fetched and carried water for those to old or feeble to do do easily. Many of the people were so grateful they gave him money. That afternoon he had enough coins to buy a loaf of bread and a round of cheese.

The cobbler sang as he prepared to eat his evening meal but was disturbed by a knock at the door.

Once again the King had disguised himself as a beggar and had come to see how the cobbler fared.

‘Come in my friend,’ said the cobbler, ‘and join me for my evening meal.’
The beggar king looked at the cheese and bread and shook his head.
‘You disobeyed the King’s orders and plied your trade,’ he stated.
‘No, I could not work on my shoes so I carried water all day for people and earnt enough to buy bread and cheese,’ he said.
The beggar king frowned.
‘What if tomorrow you can’t carry water?’ he asked, ‘you won’t have anything to sing about then.’

After leaving the cobbler’s company that evening the King was angry. He could not understand the naivety of the cobbler and was determined once again to challenge it.
The following morning he issued a proclamation banning water carriers. Everyone must carry their own water from the well.
When the cobbler went to the well at dawn, he saw the King’s proclamation pasted up on the walls and pondered on what he would do for the day. While standing there a man staggered towards him,  carrying a load of wood in his arms.

‘Let me help you?’ said the cobbler.
And he relieved the wood carter of his burden and carried the wood for him.
The wood carter was impressed with his strength and asked him to help out.  The rest of the day he carted wood and at the end of the day he had earned enough money to buy bread, cheese and wine.
The cobbler sang as he prepared to eat his evening meal, but was disturbed by a knock at the door.

Once again the King, in the guise of a beggar, had come to see how the cobbler fared.
‘Come in my friend,’ said the cobbler, ‘and join me for my evening meal.’
The beggar king looked at the bread, cheese and jug of wine in astonishment.
‘I see you have disobeyed the King’s orders,’ he said,  and  smiled to himself.
‘No, I could not  carry water so I carted wood all day and earnt enough to buy bread, cheese and wine,’ he said.
The beggar king frowned.
‘What if tomorrow you can’t cart wood?’ he asked, ‘you won’t have anything to sing about then.’

After leaving the cobbler’s company that evening the King was in a fit of rage. He would challenge the cobbler’s faith and win.
The following morning he ordered his soldiers to round up all the wood carters and recruit them for the new palace guard.
When the cobbler went to his wood carting friends at dawn, he found himself hustled to the King’s palace, given a uniform and sword and told that he now had the honour of being a palace guard. The rest of the day he spent marching. At the end of the day he was dismissed with a command to return for duty the next day at dawn.
When he asked the captain about payment for his new position, the soldier laughed.
‘You will be paid at the end of the month,’ he said.
The cobbler walked away and wondered how he could get enough money to buy his evening meal. He touched the hilt of his sword and had an idea.
Next door to the cobblers was the money lender, who upon receiving the cobbler’s new sword, gave him enough money to buy food for the next three months.
The cobbler bought bread, cheese and wine and went home. He then took out his carving materials and a length of wood and set about fashioning a wooden sword.

That evening the beggar king returned to the cobblers, certain that he would find him desolate.
But as he knocked on the door, he heard the sound of the cobbler singing, and when it was opened he saw the cobbler had a fine meal set upon the table.
‘I was expecting you,’ said the cobbler, ‘come and join me for I am now a palace guard.’
The beggar king frowned.
‘I know the palace guards are paid at the end of each month, how did you come to have money to buy food?’
The cobbler laid the wooden sword on the table.
‘With this,’he said. ‘I have exchanged my sword for money and when I am paid at the end of the month I will buy it back, but till then I will have this wooden sword in my scabbard.’
‘And what if you are called upon to use your sword? asked the beggar king.
‘Then I will have faith that all will be well,’ he said.
The beggar king smiled because now he knew he had trapped the cobbler.
He hurried back to the castle, removed his disguise and commanded his captain to remove a prisoner from the palace dungeon.  He was to be publicly executed in the village square the following day at dawn, and the executioner was to be the cobbler who had joined the palace guard.
When the cobbler arrived at the palace the following morning he noticed  a great crowd was gathering at the village square. Word had spread there was to be the execution of a thief.

The captain of the guard commanded the palace guard to march to the village square and there one of them was to be chosen to execute a thief.
The thief knelt upon the ground in front of the palace guard, protesting his innocence.
‘Is it a crime to feed your family?’ he pleaded, ‘what I took was for need not greed. Spare my life, please.’
The captain of the guard looked the cobbler in the eye.
‘Remove the thief’s head,’ he commanded.
The cobbler clutched the hilt of his sword, knowing that if he withdrew it, then his act of substitution would be deemed treasonous and he too would be executed.
For a minute he stood, looking at the prisoner’s desperate face. He then averted his eyes, took a deep breath and faced the assembled crowd.
‘If this man be innocent as he claims to be, let my sword be changed into wood,’ he declared.
He then withdrew the sword and raised it up high.
There was a gasp from the crowd as the wooden sword appeared like a beacon in the air.
At that moment the King strode forth and addressed the crowd.
‘Do you know who I am?’ the King asked.
‘You are the King,’ replied the cobbler.
‘I am your guest, having eaten at your table for the past four nights.’
The cobbler looked closely at the King with a dawning recognition.
‘You are always welcome to dine with me,’ said the cobbler, ‘although I thought a King may have preferred finer fare than what I could offer.’
‘What about me?’ demanded the prisoner, seizing the opportunity to secure the King’s favour.
‘Ah yes, the miracle of your innocence,’ said the King, and smiled. ‘Your freedom is restored,’ and he dismissed the prisoner.
As the crowd dispersed the King turned once more to the cobbler.
‘I am in need of an adviser,’ he said.
The cobbler smiled at him and handed him his wooden sword.
‘Have faith. All will be well.’

All will be well Conversations-sunrise-lake

Back to top Go down

All will be well Empty Re: All will be well

Post by ggoopp Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:53 am

yes indeed!! "ALL WILL BEE WELL"
amen, amen,amen

ggoopp

Female

Zodiac : Cancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:46 pm

All will be well Julian-of-norwich

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top