» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_lcap0%Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_lcap33%Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

Deja Vu and Dreams Empty

Deja Vu and Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How often, on average, do you get deja vu?

Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_lcap0%Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_lcap50%Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_lcap25%Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_lcap25%Deja Vu and Dreams Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Deja Vu and Dreams Empty Deja Vu and Dreams

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:11 am

goldstar this thread dedicated to Night Eyes, for all her hard work on this forum... goldstar

goldstar ...and Adi, for sharing his thoughts on science with us, and for the marsupials video  Razz 2   night eyes star

Deja vu has always fascinated me. Although there are scientific explanations as to why it happens - e.g. that it's a mental hijink - I do believe it has a deeper significance, at least some of the time. The related sensation of having dreamt something happens to me often, for example I will go to a place for the first time and remember a dream I had of the place. This could, of course, be a false memory, but my memory is probably one of the best-trained aspects of my mind so I would be inclined to trust it.

Precognitive dreaming is a real thing: Rupert Sheldrake has written about it in his book The Sense of Being Stared At and speaks of it elsewhere. There are significant reports of dreams about 9/11 before it happened, and it seems likely that precognitive dreaming is a fairly common occurrence. Even now, studies are being conducted into how frequently people have precognitive dreams -- and of course as to such things can really be said to exist.

In some cases, deja vu may just be a dream remembered. But sometimes I have a feeling of "fate" - e.g. this was always going to happen, this moment in life is fixed in time...it's as if my soul goes momentarily out of my body and I view myself from above. Momentarily the observer, not the actor. It's probably what near-death experiences are sometimes like. It's like your life is a filmstrip and you arrive at a certain frame that is significant and you stand back and wonder. Where is the meaning? This is my life, this is my life, this is my life. I sit here at the computer and I type. It's like those moments of timeline review on Facebook: it's a memory you are living, and you know that your present is already the past, because you've been here before, you've been here before. It was always here and always will be.

I don't know how consciousness works. If we're honest, no one does, not even Daniel C. Dennett. I don't know how it is that my consciousness is here and not there, how it works in time to create the illusion of me going eternally forwards, carried by a current. Einstein taught us that time is all at once. There is no "arrow" of time, there is rather a "block" of time. So the future is out there, and somewhere out there, you are probably experiencing deja vu, because perhaps you already dreamed it. Because it was always there.

What are your thoughts on deja vu? Does it happen to you often? Do you ever remember your dreams and then watch them come true?

Back to top Go down

Deja Vu and Dreams Empty Re: Deja Vu and Dreams

Post by lunareclipse Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:20 am

Lol, talk about soul group (again!), I was just thinking about starting a deja vu thread today Shocked
I downloaded that full session of Black Box from Bashar that I posted a short clip about earlier and he was talking about deja vu in there.
I can't remember the exact wording but it was something about time being an illusion, everything coexisting now and at the moment of deja vu the mind being able to move forwards and backwards in a timeline simultaneously.

To me personally (and that's just what I believe, haven't read anything about from anywhere) deja vu and precognitive dreams are 2 different things.
In the moment of deja vu, I get a strong feeling that this has already happened and even know what someone is going to say next, it's just some half a minute to a minute of that feeling. I think that since my mind just can't logically understand how this could be possible, I tell myself 'I must've seen it in a dream, but actually it has never been that I have a dream, remember it and then later it will happen exactly like that.

Precognitive dream (and I have those all the time) just gives me a glimpse of what's coming but through symbols or different scenarios. For example, this morning I was sure I heard my in-laws talking in the living room, but it was just a dream- then, what happened later on today? They came as a surprise visit. My mom said that right before my dad left us, she kept having dreams that he is missing and she keeps looking for him.

In a 9/11 example if I have dream that the towers are collapsing, it is a precognitive dream, but I usually do not dream of the exact moment of myself sitting on a sofa, watching tv and seeing the exact words of the news of the towers collapsing. Am I making sense? Uh, I'm pretty tired Sad

I think it was in Matrix or some similar movie, where they said that deja vu happens when something gets changed, like you go back in time and change course and then the timeline gets patched up again and overlaps for a brief moment so you feel you have lived it before Very Happy

Going to a place and knowing it as if you had already been there might be a totally third kind of phenomenon. It could be reincarnation, astral projection, something in the future would happen there that would leave an emotional stamp so strong that you could feel it through other layers of time and space dimensions..

oookay, I am clearly half asleep here lol Deja Vu and Dreams Crazy
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:32 am

ah such an interesting subject, unfortunately i know very little about it.

Dont recall having pre cognitive dreams ever personally, but then i do have weird random ones that make no sense.

with De Ja Vu, this happened to me far more when i was younger than it does now, i still get it on the odd occassion, where i think 'i'm sure this already happened!'

and i always know when the phone is going to ring.

thanks for this thread it will be interesting to hear others thoughts on this Smiley x x
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:56 am

lunareclipse wrote:Lol, talk about soul group (again!), I was just thinking about starting a deja vu thread today Shocked

Erm, scary.
I've actually had it in my head for a while, but only today did I finally get a strong urge to post on it. Soul sisters...  Surprised

Deja Vu and Dreams 8dbc985b8c62e9eb2f861d9ea58085a8

lunareclipse wrote:I downloaded that full session of Black Box from Bashar that I posted a short clip about earlier and he was talking about deja vu in there.
I can't remember the exact wording but it was something about time being an illusion, everything coexisting now and at the moment of deja vu the mind being able to move forwards and backwards in a timeline simultaneously.

Sounds more or less like what I believe too. I've always been fascinated by time and well, according to modern science, time as we understand it really is an illusion -- I'd love to talk more about this later, right now I don't have....time....

the whole thing's brilliant, but start at 6:55 for the part most relevant here

So what Bashar says about deja vu is about the same as my intuition, "where is consciousness?" -- it feels as if it's sliding slightly along the timeline, at a remove from the moment - just. There has been talk about "misfires" in the rhinal cortex that make us feel something is familiar when it shouldn't be, in fact I really remember (not deja vu!) reading somewhere about how somehow there is an actual time problem at work within the brain, the "glitch" is from you remembering something twice in direct succession the thing that you are currently experiencing. Sadly I can't seem to find the article I read this in.

lunareclipse wrote:To me personally (and that's just what I believe, haven't read anything about from anywhere) deja vu and precognitive dreams are 2 different things.

Oh to me too, but for me they overlap. There is a guy based in Bern, Switzerland called Art Funkhouser who does a lot of work on the specific subcategory of deja vu called deja reve, "dreamed already". He and his collaborators have a nice free, though very basic, article about it on their website, here.
Here we have deja vu as remembering dreams we'd forgotten. (they also have stuff about lucid dreaming and shared dreams Wink )

There's a more prestigious, commonly accepted science circles article here that I want to look at sometime and maybe others would be interested too, if you don't have access I should be able to upload the PDF for you somehow, though I'm not sure we actually have that option on the forum. I'd have to go to a file-sharing site.

lunareclipse wrote:In the moment of deja vu, I get a strong feeling that this has already happened and even know what someone is going to say next, it's just some half a minute to a minute of that feeling. I think that since my mind just can't logically understand how this could be possible, I tell myself 'I must've seen it in a dream, but actually it has never been that I have a dream, remember it and then later it will happen exactly like that.

I'm not sure I often know what someone else is going to say next within the deja experience, though I definitely do know this sometimes...  to me though I feel it's more telepathy...? I'm not sure...

lunareclipse wrote:Precognitive dream (and I have those all the time) just gives me a glimpse of what's coming but through symbols or different scenarios. For example, this morning I was sure I heard my in-laws talking in the living room, but it was just a dream- then, what happened later on today? They came as a surprise visit. My mom said that right before my dad left us, she kept having dreams that he is missing and she keeps looking for him.

In a 9/11 example if I have dream that the towers are collapsing, it is a precognitive dream, but I usually do not dream of the exact moment of myself sitting on a sofa, watching tv and seeing the exact words of the news of the towers collapsing. Am I making sense? Uh, I'm pretty tired Sad

Ohh Sad yes that sounds like other things I've read about precognitive dreams; often we focus so much on the "plot" of dreams that we forget to see the concrete images, so for example someone might have a complex dream about buying a new TV set but forget that on the TV set he sees an ad featuring Robert Redford Wink , and after waking up he sees that ad but because dreams usually fade so quickly, he might not remember that this was the image in the dream, only that he had this storyline of himself buying a new TV. So you definitely know what you're doing with the precognitive dreams.

They say that deja vu happens most when you're 25 and under, though I'm currently going on 26 and actually having a lot more deja vu than ever. They also say that it often happens when you're tired, which is...... definitely true with me. Right now as I type this I have this vision of myself typing this and the "knowing" that I was always going to be typing this, the "fated moment" feeling, as if there was no escape and this was always going to be here. Again, I know it may not be part of classic deja vu but it's very often there for me, and the rest of the components of the "deja" experience are the same.

lunareclipse wrote:I think it was in Matrix or some similar movie, where they said that deja vu happens when something gets changed, like you go back in time and change course and then the timeline gets patched up again and overlaps for a brief moment so you feel you have lived it before Very Happy

They also referred to the Matrix in the first article I referenced in this post... synchronicity. Very Happy I really need to see that movie....

lunareclipse wrote:Going to a place and knowing it as if you had already been there might be a totally third kind of phenomenon. It could be reincarnation, astral projection, something in the future would happen there that would leave an emotional stamp so strong that you could feel it through other layers of time and space dimensions..

I'd never thought of that! Though usually I do have the distinct feeling I'd dreamt it. But sometimes, with people, you feel as if you already know them. (hem hem) There may sometimes be other factors at work creating this...in most cases I think, illusion...but I would love to think that some souls really are closer to each other than others. "People talk of natural sympathies..." or as Anne of Green Gables puts it, "kindred spirits".... sometimes you just have an affinity with someone that has no explanation, sometimes they may not even be like you in almost any way, but somehow there is already a deep connection of a kind you can't access with others.

Sometimes it just feels like there is absolutely no barrier between you and another person, that you are one person with one soul. But for me that kind of ecstatic experience has only happened once in my life, and in the same context as Jane Eyre's "natural sympathy"...

Last edited by SelinaM on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:05 am

Night Eyes wrote:ah such an interesting subject, unfortunately i know very little about it.

Dont recall having pre cognitive dreams ever personally, but then i do have weird random ones that make no sense.

They say it's a good idea to start writing down your dreams, and not just the dreams themselves but the images, because of the fact that the storylines can often be misleading.

Night Eyes wrote:with De Ja Vu, this happened to me far more when i was younger than it does now, i still get it on the odd occassion, where i think 'i'm sure this already happened!'

They do say it happens most in the very young, though again, for me it's peaking right now. Also the precognitive dreaming...I'd never noticed it until 2013 when I just woke up completely randomly at 5am from a very significant dream. 3 months later it came literally true. Since then many others, in which again, the images, but also the storyline, eventually happened in real life even though I thought it wasn't possible for them to. There is one other persistent dream that I had that I wish would come true, but it may have just been a "wish dream".....though it was incredibly realistic, down to the colour and texture of the sofa and the widescreen TV displaying a show I didn't like, and the attitude of the person in the dream (grumpy, even though I was giving him cookies).

There have also been "visions" that came true; again, there's one I wish would, but maybe my wishing is creating resistance. This last vision happened completely unexpectedly when I was doing Ram Dass' "Radiate Love" meditation; where he says "whatever comes into your mind...love it...love it...love...it..." I just had this sudden vision that was so beautiful...then when I came to I was like, nope, not realistic. Again, limiting belief, but I do know that all these things are happening in alternative universes, probably in a significant "wedge" of alternative universes.

Night Eyes wrote:and i always know when the phone is going to ring.

Telephone telepathy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:14 am

ah yes i have experienced on a few rare occassions a magnetism to some people, not even just in the romantic sense, just felt drawn to someone for no obvious reason, like you just...... know them on a deeper soul level.

but i did read there's all different types of soul mates arent there, not just the stereotypical romantic one, there's friendship ones and Karmic ones.

also i have visited certain places and it's just felt like home and i havent wanted to leave, i just felt like i belonged.

although saying that i had one moment when i was a teenager, and i'll never forget it, i was sat in the garden, and it was this beautiful red sky, and getting dusky, and i had this overwhelming sense of belonging just staring up at the clouds, this feeling that i was home and i was just fine. maybe it was a spiritual conciousness thing, i just felt intergrated and part of the sunset.

now i just sound weird lol
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:35 am

I'm currently experiencing so much deja vu; I wonder why. Maybe, as scientists say, it's just some brain "error" because I am tired. But it feels like so much more.

Think about it. Drugs influence the brain through artificial means... but don't they still end up giving glimpses of the infinite?

In the same way, perhaps, no matter what the biochemical reasons behind deja vu are, the experience still has a "higher" meaning.

What are your opinions?

----------------------------
Freya's special hidden Christmas present for posay:

Deja Vu and Dreams Tumblr_nwb5dyNpsa1rc7zl1o1_500

Deja Vu and Dreams Reindeer-Hamster

Deja Vu and Dreams Tumblr_mxwqussxle1s8mgkyo2_500

Deja Vu and Dreams Tumblr_mqg0qwZpAZ1szg1aro1_500

Deja Vu and Dreams Large

Facebook Heart Facebook Heart Facebook Heart
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Zodiac : Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:30 pm

I just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone has any new thoughts or in case our new members would like to add to it.

Actually I have more thoughts myself but I'm supposed to be working. What a Face
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 am

i've given up trying to interpret my dreams these days, sometimes they're so weird and messed up i cant make head nor tail of them

i always seem to be trying to achieve something or stuck back in the past trying to get away from something, so i'm just assuming i havent resolved some issue....

although i did wake up this morning with an urgency to make sure i knew what day Game Of Thrones started because i didnt want to miss it lol face
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:38 am

I had a dream last night that Freya poked me in the chest with a spear Laughing one of those chiseled stone age ones.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:02 am

Sorry. Embarassed
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:05 am

I seriously must stop playing The Sims, i had a dream last night , this old grey haired man was telling me to go to the library in Sims Town, as if you talk to the ghosts they'll give you cheats....... Shocked
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Freya Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:10 am

Lol Night that's so funny. Very Happy I miss days I would dream of The Sims...

I had an exhausted nap earlier this evening and I had a dream Luney sent me an angry and grim PM. Razz

Luuuney, to make up in some small way for any night terrors I may have inflicted on you --

Deja Vu and Dreams Sleep-well-mommy

Deja Vu and Dreams Graphics-sleep-well-017865

Deja Vu and Dreams Tumblr_m5fkcheBEy1qe6y6y

Deja Vu and Dreams 4-50766

Deja Vu and Dreams 2540c0b23ba6af36e45267c9e3a1a0be

And that doesn't even get into the land of the thank yous!

Deja Vu and Dreams Thankyou
Good night, sweet dreams.

(well, it is what this thread is about! whistle Embarassed )
Freya
Freya
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Lol aww thank you Facebook Heart I would never send you an angry and grim pm lol, unless I was just ranting about something I was mad about something in my own life Rolling Eyes

Last night I randomly woke up in the middle of the night and told myself that I want to manifest a message from someone I haven't heard for a while. Then I fell asleep but kept waking up and thinking if my message is here yet Laughing
Then when I really woke up, I had 2 messages from 2 different friends I hadn't heard from for over a year. One was a friend telling me she had been offered a job in US and she'll be moving here soon and the other was telling me she is getting married in the summer and apparently she had promised me years ago that she would invite me to her wedding no matter where I was Very Happy
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top