» Your year for Love and Happiness :)
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

» Invoking Venus to attract love :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

» A Journey of the Goddesses through the Chakra Systems
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

» Voting with vibration..
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

» How to FREE yourself from the story of pain :)
by Spiritual Hustler Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

» The medicine of the Dark Goddess
by Spiritual Hustler Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

» Build the Queendom and they will come
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

» How to feel loved when you are feeling sad
by Spiritual Hustler Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

» The Single Most Important Thing You can do for YOU
by Spiritual Hustler Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

» Feel. Good. Now.
by Spiritual Hustler Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 pm

» Circumstances don’t matter..
by Spiritual Hustler Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Top 10 Topics
• Neville's Teachings
• Manifesting through the Law of Giving / Recieving
• "Build it and it will come"
• 7 day manifestation experiment
• Limiting Beliefs
• "Attachment" and "Letting Go"
• On Suffering and Avoiding (Spira)
• What are you grateful for today?
• Procrastination and Laziness
• The "Others"

Poll

What is your favourite type of exercise?

The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%The movie Limitless - Page 3 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current Moon

Le Cafe Moon
Horoscopes
Gallery

The movie Limitless - Page 3 Empty

The movie Limitless

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The movie Limitless - Page 3 Empty Re: The movie Limitless

Post by rodan Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:03 am

@lunar: Quoted: " ....but where I really wanted to get to, was to ask- obviously the soldiers are not expecting to get the lipomas, the people injecting them do not intend the injections to result in them, then- why do they come?...end quote

We live in a world of news. Instant news. When something happens, " everyone " reads, watches, or hears about it on TV, the web, smarphones, etc.

People then become " aware " of whatever the subject is. In this case, those strange illnesses that the soldiers brought back from the Gulf, (ie, the vaccines, shots, chemicals, etc. they injest )

When a soldier gets news about an illness, he thinks about it. He discusses it with his wife, his family, his parents. It's on the news. Here are the symptoms. Before long, the soldier finds out those in his unit are coming down with it. Not all, but some, maybe many, develop the symptoms. They go to the doctor. A VA doctor will play it down. It's all in your head. Yet, he goes home, sees another doctor, well, he's got it, Why?

It's probably easier to get sick, get illnesses, than it is to get healings, or, just be healthy. So much in the news about, radiation in the ocean, sea life dying off, cancer, diabetes.

Lunar, notice how bad diabetes is in the States? It's contantantly on the news. After our minds are engulfed with the bad news, more and more of us get it.

It's " real ". Those illnesses those guys get from the war? They are " real ". Remember, we become what we think about.

I've often thought if we lived a life as a recluse, completely avoiding all news, all people with the bad news, no internet, no web, no telephone, no newspapers, would we contract the sicknesses of the world?

I don't think so.

Think about it, Lunar. Could it be because it's all over the media, whatever the subject is, we dwell on it, or, at least, it enters our subconscious mind, and, it being bombarded with all the negative news, we become it? It becomes real?

There was a time, not just too long ago, you never heard of a mass school shooting. Here in the states, we now get them all the time. The list goes on, but, you know what I'm getting at.
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasm Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm

kazoo wrote:
Phantasm wrote:

and don't forget ethics... The movie Limitless - Page 3 221039779 ....if people who are already morally a bit deviant in their lives already before having brains became more intellligent, might it not be a problem?

Shocked

That's actually really scary to think about. The implications are terrifying when you think about it. pale  There is already so much evil in the world and the very thought of horrible people being even MORE ABLE and better at doing horrible things...I don't even want to consider it.

Night Eyes wrote:I always think that people are innately good..... they just erm.... learn to behave in awful ways in their pursuit of happiness

and wouldnt the drug maybe open them up to new and better ways, would they need to be evil or bad to get the peace and happiness they're searching for once they had this?

Thanks girls.

Is it happiness though that these guys are actually going after? I'm not saying it isn't what they're seeking, but the path they take is wrong. The thing they think is happiness is actually pleasure, or the momentary escape from the ego-self's constant wanting and sense of fundamental lack. An escape from that they think they can find through filling that void using drugs, violence, yes even sex.

Would the drug open them up to new and better ways of seeing the world? Potentially.
Would they realize that being evil or bad never leads to happiness? Hopefully.

Lol I just wrote a massive hunk of a post on defining intelligence, about how true intelligence needs to include compassion, I even had a little show-off paragraph connecting all this to a number of our recent threads, Conditions of Worth, Limiting Beliefs...   but I lost it, I was maybe ironically not clever enough to copy it onto the clipboard. Rolling Eyes

Anyway in lieu of that, I bring you back to lovely Lunar here,

lunareclipse wrote:I am still curious about Lotus' perspective on that whole emotions disappearing thing. To be honest I have found the uneducated poor farmers to be some of the kindest empathetic people I have ever met that have nothing, but still would give you even that last little they do have, just to make you feel welcome. Yet some of the more educated intellectuals I have found cold and selfish. Of course there are exceptions.

There are plenty of the fastest, brightest minds in the world now and in history who don't care about other people. We can go into that later maybe, about how much of this problem originates in the brain, how much in nurture, mind-body problem and so forth. But this post is already all over the place and douche-brained as are many of my posts these days.

What I'm trying to say is, it is definitely possible to be intelligent - in the usual sense we understand that - without being kind. Of course again, true intelligence includes kindness. But if you look at, for example, Caravaggio. He was a genius painter of the Renaissance. He was also a murderer, and this just by the bye, a "poster boy of homoeroticism"... Do you think Lenin wasn't intelligent? Yes he was. Stalin? I've always seen him as much duller than Lenin to be honest. George Bush? uhhh my pet monkey's little finger is more intelligent. Obama? He may sometimes remind me of a monkey the way he looks but no he's certainly intelligent. In more than one sense too. So world leaders are sometimes and sometimes not intelligent.

But of course what we here are all looking for is a higher intelligence than even, for example, Isaac Asimov or Fyodor Dostoevsky or any of these guys had. We're looking for transcendence, we're looking for nirvana, we're looking to awaken the divine in us. THAT is the ultimate intelligence.

So how do we go about it? So far we don't have a drug, though I think as we develop it we'll have people to test it on and partake in placebo trails --

Where are you PR? We've got bikkkiess...

The movie Limitless - Page 3 BB-SPM

The movie Limitless - Page 3 221039779
Phantasm
Phantasm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Zodiac : Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:11 pm

I'd also be interested in the reasons why as intelligence increases emotions must decrease. Emotional intelligence is just another kind of intelligence and I'd think that (and the dynamics that go along with it like interpersonal skills etc.,) would be enhanced like everything else.

Eddie got better at everything, including being able to charm the ladies. He also had a physical boost-his motivation to work out and stamina was enhanced.

The premise is using 100% of our brains, thereby using 100% of our potential. If our emotions went away it would really contradict that premise, wouldn't it? It would be like shutting down the portion of our brain that controls emotion, not enhancing it.
kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:40 am

kazoo wrote:I'd also be interested in the reasons why as intelligence increases emotions must decrease.  Emotional intelligence is just another kind of intelligence and I'd think that (and the dynamics that go along with it like interpersonal skills etc.,) would be enhanced like everything else.

Eddie got better at everything, including being able to charm the ladies.  He also had a physical boost-his motivation to work out and stamina was enhanced.  

The premise is using 100% of our brains, thereby using 100% of our potential.  If our emotions went away it would really contradict that premise, wouldn't it?  It would be like shutting down the portion of our brain that controls emotion, not enhancing it.
I'm sorry I should've expanded on this earlier, in reply to Lunar at least.

You're correct. That's why Limitless was more engaging and generally "lighter" than Lucy. In Limitless we simply have a man with average or even less-than-average intelligence who became super smart and got all of his mental powers enhanced. The story in general still unfolds and develops within the human boundaries, or limitation. Lucy, on the other hand, is a heavy sci-fi where Lucy actually transcended her human conditioning altogether (which explains the ending of this movie and what Lucy turned into at the end).

Now as we transcend our human conditioning, we inevitably transcend emotions, because emotions are part of this conditioning. You're correct, the more intelligent you become the finer and more sensitive your emotions become too. At some point, however, you'll transcend your emotions and you won't "relate" anymore or ever be "moved" again. You'll even transcend your body's basic sensations and feelings and no longer become subject to the whole pleasure-pain mechanism. You may still feel physical pain, at least, but you won't relate to this pain at all or even "judge" it. It's not even "your" body now; it's just "a" body, like any other body. You just dropped ALL illusory connections and human conditioning.

(That's how the Burning Monk, for example, could do it. He was burning without even blinking. He was quite calm and stable despite the unspeakable pain. "As he burned he never moved a muscle, never uttered a sound," New York Times' David Halberstam wrote, "his outward composure in sharp contrast to the wailing people around him." But the monk himself was not even there, nor was that "his" body. There was no "ego" or "self" whatsoever and therefore there was no "personal story" in this horrific scene. Rather, he was pure Awareness, completely "detached," just calmly "observing" a body on the earth burning or in pain—perhaps not even observing what was going on here at all but rather totally "absorbed" in divinity, or with the Buddha, or whatever he'd call it.)

So who'd even have emotions when the "human" is no more? Unlike Limitless, the expanding of the brain, intelligence or mind in Lucy implied an increase of Awareness or Consciousness itself, with a capital C. That's why Lucy in the end wrote to the French officer, "I'm everywhere." She's simply become omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. She transcended all Limitless' intelligence and went all the way up to Awareness itself, that's who she/we really are.

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:07 am

That kinda sounds as if we are really just robots.

I don't think I can buy that. It's our emotions that make us human. If that's transcendence then count me out.

kazoo
kazoo
Founder
Founder

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 am

kazoo wrote:That kinda sounds as if we are really just robots.  

I don't think I can buy that.  It's our emotions that make us human.    If that's transcendence then count me out.  

This is what I just said. Emotions are what make us human. Yet who's the "robot" really here: the one who moves and functions like a machine, solely or almost solely in response to their pushed buttons and keys—fully conditioned and controlled by their bodily and mental triggers, even totally unaware of it... or the one who transcended this conditioning and came out instead in control over at least their mind, now also aware the body is just a "vehicle" to temporarily use in this world?

I'm not selling anything here by the way, nor do I even think that this stuff is sellable. But just not to convey the wrong meaning to our readers, the awakening state is not totally emotionless as may be understood from my posts. It's just a different kind of emotion that we don't really know--although we may sometimes describe as peace, or tranquility. Anyway it's God's State, as it were; perfectly motionless, infinite without limits, and as such this peace is so deep, complete and permanent that all such words can't really do justice to this kind of state or feeling. It's peace multiplied by infinity. So even the well known "joy" or "ecstasy" or "bliss" of the Nirvana or Enlightenment is not the final state yet, and is only temporary. That's all I may add in this context.

More on this topic from Spira (Advaita)

Also it might help to know about the "selfing" process from Paul Hedderman (Buddhism) and why our mind ("conditional mind" in his vocabulary) is constantly in a state of "irritability, restlessness and discontent." Towards the end "what's really driving you crazy?" shows an almost identical analysis and conclusion to Spira's above, in "the creation of feelings;" that is, our emotions and feelings especially the negative ones don't really derive from the story, but from our identifying with the main character in the story.

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:41 am

Great videos Lotus, Thank you.

Not heard Paul Hedderman before ... his website is called Zen Bitch Slap???? The movie Limitless - Page 3 679289678
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:39 am

Night Eyes wrote:Great videos Lotus, Thank you.

Not heard Paul Hedderman before ... his website is called Zen Bitch Slap???? The movie Limitless - Page 3 679289678
Thanks Night for watching. Yes that's correct Very Happy this is the same website I have in my bookmarks but I haven't explored it yet myself. (I usually prefer to watch first the materials they put on YouTube and then later read their articles/websites if there's still any time left). Paul Hedderman is one of a kind. This tattoo on his arm (along with his language) is probably all that remained from his early days when he was a complete wretch and an alcoholic. He was finally and literally dying when he suddenly started to see through the veils and decided to turn his life around, and as you can see today he's a Buddhist non-duality master (and probably the dearest to our Buddhist friends in the western hemisphere). Having overcome all his addictions and perfected his views, he'd then go only to the poor and simple, in Brooklyn for example or the Bronx, to tell them about such very advanced truths (the reason the "setting" here and in most of his videos in general is not as elegant or rich as it usually is in Spira's for example or Tolle's). It's a long story but yes, in one word this guy is just one of a kind. (This is how he looks now by the way). Glad you liked his video. The movie Limitless - Page 3 3477097201

Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:45 am

i actually really like that he presents a certain image and the tattoo's etc, the dare i say it down to earth look, for someone like me he's definitely more relatable too, being tattoo'd and un-elegant myself lol

dont get me wrong i love Rupert, but i did take to Pauls humour nicely Smiley

i shall go listen to some more when i have time.

anyways apologies for de-railing.... you always introduce me to some gems Lotus, thanks x
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:50 am

I doubt that could be called, de-railing, Night. Wink It all seems relevant to me. Smiley

(though ... the title of that website ruffles my equanimity a bit Shocked )

[this post, however, isn't part of the conversation, just an aside]

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotus ♥ Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:51 am

Night Eyes wrote:i actually really like that he presents a certain image and the tattoo's etc, the dare i say it down to earth look, for someone like me he's definitely more relatable too, being tattoo'd and un-elegant myself lol

dont get me wrong i love Rupert, but i did take to Pauls humour nicely Smiley

i shall go listen to some more when i have time.

anyways apologies for de-railing.... you always introduce me to some gems Lotus, thanks x
It's definitely that down to earth look and language that everyone loved about him, not to mention his sense of humor. He just shattered the conventional "spiritual guru" image. Very Happy In that last link I sent about how he now looks he just said (minute 21): "Go to the "you;" find out who the fuck that is!" Who'd ever expect a "spiritual teacher" to talk like this? lol

So yes, I think you'll also enjoy this last link when you have more time. Thanks to you, Night; the gems are always there but, you know, it always takes two to tango.
Lotus ♥
Lotus ♥
His/Her Highness
His/Her Highness

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:56 am

haha yes i did listen to it in part and had a good laugh along with him, he's my kinda guy! but i'll listen to it again as i didnt get to hear the sheep and lions bit properly

but well one thing this did for me today, i've been trying to remember the word Immediacy for days and days without going to my college work, and hey presto, he says it repeatedly in the video. Very Happy
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Lunar quoted:

" my husband went fishing and met an ex-army guy stationed around here that said he had multiple lipomas (hard lumps under skin) operated from his body throughout the years and he believes they came from being deployed in Iraq.  Now, my husband ALSO had multiple lipomas cut out and he was in the army for 4 years, he said the lipomas only appeared after he came back from Iraq and he believes they came as a side effect to one or more of dozens of vaccinations and steroids that were injected in them throughout these years. "

...........My husband is sure it's because of the steroids that were injected,..........."

"..........but where I really wanted to get to, was to ask- obviously the soldiers are not expecting to get the lipomas, the people injecting them do not intend the injections to result in them, then- why do they come? " end quote.

end quote

Lunar, (BTW, this is just my opinion, just my observation, based on what you’ve posted, so, don’t take it to heart . I am by no means an expert on LOA even less on gulf war diseases. I don’t think anyone is, for that matter)

You want to know why the lipomas show up in these men? Is that correct?

My answer would be, because of subconscious belief. Not consciously, of course.

You mentioned in the last paragraph the soldiers are not expecting to get these lipomas, and, this may be true at the start, but, as the belief spread out, among other soldiers, the lipomas become more prevalent.
Every soldier that watched a TV talkshow or read an article on the internet, in refernce the lipomas showing up these other soldiers, was planted, in their subconscious mind, the possibility they could get it, too.

The exarmy fishing buddy and your husband believe it. From your quotes above it's mentioned. So, they not only believe it subconsiously, they have come to believe it, consciously, too.

IF you are looking for a medical reason( I don't think you are, I think you are asking from an LOA explanation point of view ) as to why the lipomas come, maybe because of some changes in the DNA?   Anything that we take as a pill or injection has to affect the cell structure, the DNA, and, probably in a negative way.

From your post I can see this has your attention ( the lipomas ) and you are looking for an answer.

You can do lucid dreaming. Why not set the stage for a lucid dream, looking for the answer, through a dream?

I tried this a couple of years ago, when I was looking for lottery numbers in a lucid dream. I have to check, but, I think I posted a thread on it in that forum you referenced on lucid dreaming.

I think I had three dreams that I remembered on the subject. I think it was the last one, the one with the liffle dwarf and the tall, pretty, brunette lady, that my higher self did not want me to get the numbers. That is what I concluded, back then.
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:46 pm

@Rodan thank you Smiley I don't know how the lipomas in this case could come from the subconscious belief though, because I don't think there has ever been a tv show about it nor any open discussion. He only started putting the facts together years after that and didn't even know anyone else had an issue like that until he met that guy and then I started to do some research. And even the research I found was not like a public article, more like a VA forum where a couple veterans had discovered that some other people had similar issues after the service.
I think it must've been a side effect of something that got injected into them idk

Lottery numbers in a lucid dream sounds interesting Very Happy Did you win?
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 am

lunareclipse wrote:.............. I don't know how the lipomas in this case could come from the subconscious belief though, because I don't think there has ever been a tv show about it nor any open discussion.............

Let me ask you, Lunar, where do you think the lipomas came from? You are suspecting maybe a side effect from a drug(s) that was injected into them at the time. ? Are you suggesting maybe something was intentionally added, something the officials were experimenting with?

BTW:
I'm going to find the other thread in here to post some info on the lottery/lucid dream subject.
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Phantasm wrote: George Bush? uhhh my pet monkey's little finger is more intelligent.

I think George W. Bush (both President Bushes actually) are quite intelligent. As a Democrat, I didn't agree with a lot of GWB's policies. The 2003 Invasion of Iraq was a bad call since I think we should have focused our efforts on the Taliban and Al-Quida and quarantining their influence and then use covert intelligence and deal-breaking to handle Iran and Iraq. Instead, Iraq ballooned our deficit which puts stress on the economy of future generations and limits government intervention in economic crisis. Plus, Iraq fell apart into political and sectarian imbalance, the perfect situation for ISIS to take advantage of, while Iran tries to win over the Iraqi government. In contrast, Obama has focused more on diplomacy and has been much more lax about military involvement in the Middle-East mostly to appease a war-wary (and deficit wary) base of voters (not counting drone attacks, Libya, bombing ISIS, letting the U.S. military train Iraqi and Afghani security forces, etc). But as a result of restraining the military presence, Russia has moved into Syria and could potentially make the situation worse by giving Assad more power.

The No Child Left Behind Act definitely improved child education achievement scores and shed light on which schools needed better planning and intervention to lower the achievement gap. This was rather ambitious for Bush and good politically since it was bi-partisan supported, but it went against Republican ideology since federal government legislation expanded its power over education and the states. But the focus was on meeting the state-mandated achievement curriculum, which may explain the gap in math, science, writing, and reading skills by states. With so much pressure to "teach to the test", teachers taught a narrow subset of skills and in my personal opinion lots of children became more stressed than they needed to be because of so much pressure on standardized testing, just to meet state-funding and prevent teachers from losing their jobs. This was also an incentive to encourage student drop outs.  remove failing students from the pool of statistics and it looks like your school is doing well. Plus, the research still shows unexplained disparities between races and regions in the achievement gaps, so the impact of the law is questionable. In my opinion, Bush's big setback here was not appropriately funding the Education Department to support the states. By 2007-2008, his funding plans became funding caps that got more narrow with each year. Plus, many states were already in a fiscal crisis when the law was implemented, so the law was basically a punitive tax on states, even though Republican ideology is meant to back greater freedom for state governments. One of the big problems was not funding technology when the demand for it was high since that's one of the skills kids need the most. Of course, when this happens it's only natural to expect schools to fall short of the achievement expectations. Obama has added to the law with the Elementary and Secondary Education Act which increases federal funding for the states and focuses on student improvement by classifying different subsets of kids differently (special needs, minority, etc). and giving them more realistic benchmarks by subgroup. Federal money would be the incentive to prevent drop-outs and stop schools from dropping down the standards. But in my opinion, Obama still isn't doing enough about improving technology skills in the classroom.

Bush also failed by choosing not to expand the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The Republican consensus was that federal money for the program would not actually support the kids but only benefit their parents who will use that money in other ways instead. This supported the Republican ideology of smaller federal government and keeping taxes low. They thought that expansion would crowd out private insurance and begin to cover middle-class children, so the benefits would actually divert from those who need it the most. Most research says that kids who drop out of SCHIP end up costing society more money since they never get the care the need, resulting in greater expenses in emergency situations which society ends up paying in rising health care costs or taxes. Although Bush vetoed its reauthorization, SCHIP expanded and Obama has included it for poor children, pregnant women, and illegal immigrants. This is contentious since the middle-class will bear some of the costs, but if we don't pay the tab the expenses on future generations could be much greater. Plus, most of the expansion is funded by increasing taxes on cigarettes. I like this new economic plan because cigarettes in America are bought by mostly poor people, so we're taxing the poor and taking advantage of their inelastic demand to support their children instead of letting all the cigarette money go to waste. Although far from perfect, the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) has expanded coverage by increasing the pool of the insured, which makes the risk statistics more favorable and health insurance is more affordable as a result. Hospitals and doctors will be punished with fines if they focus on patient re-entry for profit instead of focusing on making the patient as healthy as possible in one go. More federal subsidies are available to support the states expansion of health care coverage. However, the hidden truth of Obamacare is that it's really meant to keep the lower-middle class together by subsidizing their health-care costs and helping the younger generation have access to health care so as to take some of the economic burden away from parents. By putting healthier, younger people in the risk pool, it's possible that health care costs will not rise as fast although premiums might. The sad irony is that although Obamacare claims to help poor people, lots of the really poor people either don't have internet or have bad internet access, so Obamacare's access is really marketed to Millennials to change the numbers in the system.

One of Bush's biggest successes is the 2008 Economic Stimulus Act. Despite opposition from Democrats (who didn't want middle-class money to bail out banks) and Republicans (who wanted a free market solution instead of government intervention), Bush mustered support from both parties to help the economy revive. The impact was a tax savings for low-to-middle income families which boosted consumer demand and the economy as a result, although true revival didn't see itself until nearly two years later. Plus, probably more importantly, Bush allowed the Treasury and the Federal Reserve to carry out the Toxic Asset Relief Program (TARP), which bought off the riskiest assets of the major investment banks, gave them punitive interest rates on federal "bail-out" loans, began capital buffers to keep the system safe from another collapse, and actually scored a profit for taxpayers with the ultimate result of preventing the financial system from caving in and taking Main Street businesses and the middle class with it. This plan was very controversial and Bush risked the favor of his own political party to get it into law. Even though I liked the policy, I still admire the risk he took to go against both political parties and do what he thinks is right. So that shows me he has both intellectual and moral courage. Obama at first criticized this plan because that's politics, you got to play the game, and the nature of the plan was too difficult for most people to understand (economics) so Democrats and Obama tried to gain middle-class support by making it all seem like favoritism for the bankers. When Obama became president, he followed Bush's precedent and appointed the designers of TARP to be his biggest players in the economic recovery. The big difference was that Obama's economic plan wanted to reallocate federal spending to infrastructure, education, science, energy, health care, and technology jobs and skill development but a deficit wary Congress tried to restrict that. Thankfully, monetary policy picked up where fiscal policy could not (the Federal Reserve has lots of independence from Congress so politics can't touch it as much), and the economy, though still healing, is back on its feet.

So anyway, I just wanted to say that I think Bush is a very intellectual person, including emotionally intellectual, even if I didn't agree with much of his policies. Also, I remember after 9/11, he gave a speech and he remarked how many Muslim leaders were helping out and how Muslims in America are good people and that the enemy is not Islam but the radicals who subvert the religion to their agenda. I can't recall any major Republican in the media since who has said anything kind like that about Muslims. Instead, plenty of Republicans try to use fear of Muslims to their advantage instead of trying to dispel that fear. Plus, I just love writing about economics and foreign policy.

Phantasm wrote:Where are you PR? We've got bikkkiess...

The movie Limitless - Page 3 BB-SPM

The movie Limitless - Page 3 221039779

The movie Limitless - Page 3 3bd835b392a39e5e42bd804416eecb89
President Roosevelt
President Roosevelt
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lunareclipse Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:35 am

rodan wrote:
Let me ask you, Lunar, where do you think the lipomas came from? You are suspecting maybe a side effect from a drug(s) that was injected into them at the time. ?  Are you suggesting maybe something was intentionally added, something the officials were experimenting with?  
I think we were discussing whether drugs only work as a placebo because the person taking it believes the drug will have the effect versus the observer that gives the drug believes in the effect or whether it's not true and the drugs really do cause change in your body regardless of what observer and taker believe.
I believe in the case of lipomas, the soldiers surely did not expect that, it is possible that the observers (doctors) were told that steroids or vaccines might cause a side effect of lipomas and just didn't tell, but I'm not sure.

I think they definitely have an intention to alter the soldiers in order to make them think less, obey more and have less empathy. Whether it is done through injecting something or subtle brainwashing idk but they sure inject a lot of stuff in military.
lunareclipse
lunareclipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Zodiac : Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by rodan Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:04 pm

@Lunar:
Theory physicists that explain the observer effect do think if only one person you " entangle " with, experiences an effect, others can too, within your reality.

Albert Einstein didn't like the idea that the moon was not up there, if he didn't observe it. Yet, he knew, quantum theory was a valid theory, they had the equation for it.

It's really hard to accept both Newtonian physics and quantum physics. As humans, we are always going to want to find a rational explanation for an event.

When you join the service ( USA ) you become government property. They can pretty much do to you what they wish. If they want to inject you with vaccines or whatever, you have to do it. I'm not sure what happens if you refuse. Maybe a discharge?

My dad, ( who was in the air force many years ago ) said that when he joined, he was told he was now a " GI" . The airforce now considered him government issue, like a piece of property.
rodan
rodan
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top